cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cats - COVID19

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Cats - COVID19

I know I made a joke about Cat Scan in one of my posts.

I started a new thread, as 'Humour' isn't an applicable thread to say this in my opinion.

Flashed up on my phone, that cats are affected now. It came from Sky News.

16 REPLIES 16
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Cats - COVID19

"Should not cause alarm"... so Sky has it as breaking news and big thumping headlines. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

With respect, gentlemen, we are talking SKY news here, and they not exactly renowned for accurate journalism, are they? 😉

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

"Believe in better" after all, cos when it comes to them, there's always something better elsewhere... 😂

But, cat is fine, owners are fine, everything's okay, so, must be a slow news day...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

I think most news channels realise a lot of the public are not interested in accurate journalism, far more exciting to have headlines that grab the attention and get the viewing figures up.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Sensationalist headlines are what keep the journos in business, it's not about accuracy, it's about selling opinions nobody asked for... 😂

Community Veteran

Possibly - had it been the Daily Star or The Sun I would have ignored it and not posted on here.

Sky News is not much better I know. Everything they seem to say is 'Breaking News'.

Seasoned Hero

That doesn't work with everyone, though, @gleneagles  - in fact in my case it means I NEVER watch any news broadcasts at all.

Since maybe about two weeks after the fun started, I've speed-read the BBC 'Top Stories' headlines and relied on others to enlighten me IF there is anything else I need to know.

John
Community Veteran

Well it is on BBC News now so I guess it gives it a bit more creditability.

Seasoned Hero

Not really, @Alex  - their journalistic skills and truthfulness are not that much better  - IMO - and I bet it's a 'copy and paste' report, as well.

John
Hero
Fixes: 30

The DM have splashed it too, or so I hear.

Hope the rescue centres aren't swamped with owners trying to offload their moggies.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

ADSL2+   Billion 8800NL
Seasoned Hero

Ignoring the DM - as I usually do.

There can be no excuse for anyone who 'offloads' their feline companion, unless they are that stupid they shouldn't have one in the first place.

More scaremongering by our (ir)responsible media.

John
Community Veteran

Yep fair enough @jab1 

I was on TV on London Tonight (no I am not making this up). Of people getting their A Level results. I needed a BCC or above to get to Birmingham University.

I remember the day before:

Mum: "They want you to be on London Tonight".
Me (I didn't believe it) "Ok".

This is true, so they gave a quick interview then I remember looking up my name on an A3 sheet printed on the wall. Found my name (well done Alex). ABB.

Was I happy, was I [-Censored-].

I had a bit of a meltdown thinking "Yey - I am defintely going to uni".

Physics was a pain in the backside - the first year I didn't understand any of it.

Thankfully I had a personal tutor and I said to one of the lecturers "I am struggling with this". He rung the exam board and got a booklet send to my home address. So I ordered past papers and the answer booklet. £35 for a few past papers and what answers they expect.

After a while I got used it and they recycle the questions a bit.

One of the girls failed one of hers - in tears. I felt sorry for her.

Then we had a live part where the producers told certain people what questions they wanted them to ask to the head of the exam board. They literally said "We want you to ask this". Shows you how contrived TV is.

They didn't bother me, so I just stood in a live part of me grinning like a cheshire cat and I did nothing.

Seasoned Pro

@jab1 With all due respect and with your safety and well being in mind and, according to your avatar, you really should start wearing a face mask when you mingle among humans on this forum. Smiley

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Seasoned Hero

Good thinking, @Steve . I shall take your advice (with catnip), especially when mingling inadvertently with certain humans on this forum.

Meowwwww!

John