Rising Star

Cat Woman

We kept cats for over 40 years but not this many  Smiley
http://www.timesofisrael.com/couple-divorces-over-550-house-cats/
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Cat Woman

We have one cat a 13 year old Abyssinian, who hates other cats, craves human company though, a trait of the breed apparently. Wouldn't be at home in that company.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 5

I can't think of any reason at all why you would bring home 550 cats.
Perhaps they followed her home and she couldn't resist them?
Chris Pettitt
Cloud Environments Engineer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

She just needs a few good cat recipes.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 47

A kitten complete with collar has appeared on the back gardens of our neighbours and mine Angry
No-one seems to know who owns it and it's spending more and more time on my back step.
I don't want to adopt it but committed the cardinal sin of giving it some food as I couldn't see it go hungry.
My daughter wanted to take it but she already has a cat and it's very territorial, it wouldn't appreciate another resident cat on it's patch.
At least the weather's ok for it outside at the moment.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Apparently, its not unusual for a cat to have a "real" home, and adopt another. Cats are fickle and will usually decide themselves where they want to live, sometimes being quite happy to have two homes taking no notice that their "owners" are not happy with this arrangement.
Yes, Strat, you may have made a mistake there if you really don't want it, the kitten may well decide otherwise.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I spotted a small black female cat in my back garden a few months back. After seeing it was dirty and covered with knots and loose fur I made the big mistake of being sorry for it and giving it a good brush.
Now I can't get rid of it. Eats any leftovers put out for the birds and keeps trying to sneak into my house.
Though it does take notice when I tell it to get out.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Petlew
Apparently, its not unusual for a cat to have a "real" home, and adopt another. Cats are fickle and will usually decide themselves where they want to live, sometimes being quite happy to have two homes

Very true that. I've had one or two that liked to go for a wander and my current cat is known to sneak in through other cat flaps looking for its share of another moggys dish. The neighbours cat practically lives in the garden waiting for the BBQ to come out  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

The neighbour opposite my mother has a tabby who is forever rolling on the floor just outside her front door. She's made it in on a couple of occasions but a quick shoo and it usually runs back out.
Frequently when I leave it is parked under my car so have to check each time. Once it got into the car but luckily I noticed before driving off Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still