Pro
Fixes: 2

Cat Food anyone ?

15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Cat Food anyone ?

Whats wrong with people?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I wouldn't want to eat cats but I wouldn't want to eat people instead Sprite.
/coat.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 123

Apart from the physical attributes what is the difference between the chickens we put on our tables and the cats the Chinese put on theirs?
Is it because we have domesticated cats in this country? What if we had domesticated chickens?
I agree that the way they were being transported is horrendous but, that aside, how many who are appalled at the thought of eating cat had roast beef on Sunday. Some cultures would find that abhorrent.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

I was thinking basically the very same thing, Mav.
It's just because we domesticate cats and dogs that we find the thought of eating them horrible.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Some cultures are horrified by our habit of drinking cow's milk (but happily eat fried insects).
Each to their own I guess.
I have a pet dog and two cats, that probably influences my thinking about eating these creatures.
Breeding/keeping/transporting any animal (or person?) in cruel conditions is the greater issue.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Don't fancy eating a cat or any mainly meat eating animals as I believe their flesh has a different taste to the usual vegetarian beasts.
As has been said the main issue here is the appalling conditions the animals are kept in.
Community Veteran

Cruelty is still cruelty no matter how some of you try to defend this.
Those pictures are absolutely disgusting.
James
Grafter

I'm not defending anything - Just offering my thought on why we deem it unacceptable to eat cat.
Of course the way in which the animal were stored was unacceptable.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The inevitable cat Youtube
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 123

Quote from: Jameseh
I'm not defending anything - Just offering my thought on why we deem it unacceptable to eat cat.
Of course the way in which the animal were stored was unacceptable.
Absolutely - horrendous conditions for the cats but we have to keep some sense of proportion here. If a lorry load of chickens overturned in the UK would they be rounded up and saved in a chicken sanctuary?
Is there any difference, really, from watching the bulls chewing the cud in green pastures only to be slaughtered weeks later for our Sunday roast.
How many of us will eat eggs and chickens from battery farms? Do we feel outraged?
There are those who will only eat free range but there is still a market for battery farming.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Razer
Grafter

The one instance I can be happy it's a daily mail link. I didn't fall for the trick click.
Community Veteran

? Trick link?
It was on the sun too.
Razer
Grafter

"Cat food anyone ?"
My point really is that plenty of people do NOT want to see articles about distressing matters (which it apparently is by what's been said in the thread). The light ''Cat food anyone ?' gives no warning to or consideration for such people (like myself). I didn't click because it's a daily mail link (I wouldn't have clicked had it been a sun link, either - or any other trashy newspaper), so I was lucky on this occasion.
Community Veteran

Well I did - the sun was quite clear in its title and description what the story was about. I looked at it and it was very disturbing - one cat had even given birth to kittens while it was in transport packed up in a box unable to move.
I have to wonder how the hell we can be so cruel as a race sometimes. There really is no need for it other than the fact that the rich enjoy their money and power and force everyone else to take desperate measures to surive.