cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casserole Party

nadger
Rising Star

Casserole Party

All this talk about parties made me think - would you accept an invite to a casserole party from this guy Huh
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Casserole Party

it is so patently obvious that the 'war on drugs' has not only failed miserably, but is costing more lives and damage to the environment than all the regular wars put together.
it's time for governments around the world to have a good long re-think about the attitudes to drug use and how much it costs to police with so little effect.
techguy
Grafter

Perhaps it is time to legalise so it becomes less lucrative, if you want to destroy your brain with that rubbish then thats up to you, perhaps it might rid the world of some truly terrible people.
As regards the subject of the OP, probably best to avoid dinner party invites from anyone with involvement with gangs eh?  Cheesy
Community Veteran

How about an invite from Hannibal Lector?  Wink Wink
techguy
Grafter

th tht th th Cheesy
Community Veteran

it's not necessary to legitamise the use of drugs, merely to remove the penalties thereon.  let the message be that if you truly desire to scramble your brains, go to your chemist for pharmecuetical standard product at a reasonable price in appropriate dosage administered by an expert with clean equipment .
the government will get a rake off from taxation and fewer people will regard it as the trendy thing to do to indulge.
techguy
Grafter

I just think they need to make it less lucrative for people to deal in substances and yes distribution through a chemist would be a good idea but I don't think the government should tax it because that could be seen as legitimisation.
I am however of the opinion that Cannabis should be available b prescription to those with conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis who are in a lot of pain where other pain relief has failed or degrades their quality of life.
I have never taken any type of substance and nor do I ever intend to but have watched documentaries and read articles by people who have said it has helped them so who are we to deny thrm relief?
Fixes: 47

What's the Statute of Limitations on substance abuse Wink
This thread could easily develop into a lengthy debate on 'illegal' substances, their supply, use and the financial aspects surrounding them.
It is a common stance to suggest legalising controlled drugs and therefore drastically reducing the profits made from them and the obvious attractions of those profits.
I have a tendency towards supporting this but I feel it needs research and an analysis of informed opinion.
There was a heated debate this morning on TV, the subject being 'Should drug addicts receive reduced state benefits. Personally I don't have any sympathy for self induced illnesses of any kind.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
techguy
Grafter

Yes I think they should.