cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback...

Fixes: 123

Cashback...

Over £80 already this year and that is set to rise even more with cashback deals on insurances which are due soon.
This is a mixture of QuidCo, TopCashBack and switching shopping from Tesco to ASDA where I get a larger cashback percentage using their credit card.
Each £50 received will go towards 50 more Premium Bonds Smiley
Anyone else now making regular use of cashback sites?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Cashback...

I have to be honest.. my opinion is why bother when they could just lower prices instead?
Seems a bit pointless if you ask me.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

I was going to buy AA car insurance in March as it was the best quote I could find for my needs so bought through QuidCo and got £26 Cashback.
Was going to switch to First:Utility so checked and TopCashBack offered £40.
Still think It's pointless Wink

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

sjptd
Grafter

why bother when they could just lower prices instead?
That would help the consumer greatly.  Unfortunately in our somewhat twisted world of 'competition', it would not help the suppliers and it is the suppliers who have the upper hand.
Community Veteran

I recently had to buy a new fridge so I did it through Quidco (first time) so I've apparently saved a fiver.
Every penny counts so when various insurances come up for renewal I will look again to see if I can save anymore.
I also joined topcashback as well but on the day it just kept coming up with errors. Don't know if that was just a problem on the day or what?

No problems accessing TopCashBack for me.
The only thing is you need patience while waiting for the money to come through. Not an issue as I see it as a bonus rather than a saving.

Community Veteran

Just looking at that sites frontpage I see there has been a few changes.
So I expect they were just having an ebay moment.
Community Veteran

the reason they do schemes like this is to screw over the loyal customers who do not constantly chase deals, as they dont need to.  Instead they need to target savings to the shoppers who are very price sensitive/savvy and who will switch retailers without a thought if it saves them money.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I hate cash back it actually puts me off buying. Bought 2 PCs with cash back last year took 6 mths to get the cash back despite the terms being 30 day before you can claim and 60 day payment there after.
More hassel than it's worth.
I would rather buy an item that I believe is value for money than allow companies 6 mths interest on my money.
nanotm
Pro

I purchased some stuff last year that came with cashback incentives, purely by chance though I was going to buy them anyway and the mail in rebate system worked perfectly, I even paid less getting them during the promo period and then got a fair chunk back from doing so,
however the last time I used a cash back scam company was more than a decade ago and back then there was only 3 options and they sold all your personal details to anyone who wanted to buy the lists without actually telling you that they were going to.
after 3 months of membership I moved house changed all my contact details and never went back having been inundated with more than 2 skip fills of junk mail, been accused of fraud (because someone used my personal details to gain goods and services with out my knowledge from an overseas destination) and still failing to receive any of the promised cashback cheques never mind the 24/7 problem of the phone being bombarded by cold callers and scammers form overseas .....
no thanks I'll stick to just price shopping and avoid getting my id stolen again by some enterprising individual from a north African state who may or may not be a prince.......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Cashback is the reason I never deal with Carphone Warehouse or Orange (whatever it's latest name is).  They reneged by obscure documentation deadlines not mentioned at the time of sale.  It has lost them a lot of business where I've been able to alert my clients to better telecoms opportunities.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.