Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carswell Quits

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Carswell Quits

Well that's a smack in the face for the overwhelming number of people that voted for this guy. Now that he's jumped ship maybe he should pay for the cost of any by-election.  

With such a big majority it's going to be interesting to see who Clacton votes for next.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39393213

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Carswell Quits

He never really joined UKIP, just jumped ship from another Party. Now he formed his own Party of one.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Suppose it depends if you vote for the person or the party.

If his policies for winning the election haven't changed then he should win with a similar majority.

The problem lies where people blindly vote for the party regardless of who is standing without actually listening to the person that would be representing them in parliament.
Community Veteran

Good on him for coming out.

There should be more MP's like him who basically admit I represent only myself. I'm in this job for me and me only.

Minivanman
Hero

In which case @billnotben and without a shadow of doubt the Commons would be half empty and the Lords could be turned into what it really is, a museum. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.