cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cars!

Community Veteran

Cars!

For those that didn't see this on IRC...
I bought my FTO (GPX, manual) back in August when it was all shiny...

Monday morning on my way to work, stranded with no electric (I think a dead battery was to blame)...

Half an hour later...

The offending Clio and driver...

Away it goes...

Good news is that Admiral insurance sorted me out with a VW EOS 2.0TD within a few hours, then got a full statement of liability from the other driver not much more than 24 hours later. I'm getting a fair price for my car which covers the purchase price and the work I had done to it. Now saving up for a Honda 2000 Cheesy
8 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Cars!

From beaut to bent in a blink of an eye... Sad
What road was that?
I take it no-one was hurt?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

A57 Mosborough Parkway. I wasn't on the car at the time, the other driver had a little bit of shock and a sore chest from the seatbelt but nothing serious. I got her checked out by an ambulance who said she was alright.
Fixes: 47

A fast road and busy in the rush hour.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yeah, it was ok at first (~08.45am) as the traffic was crawling but half an hour later it had cleared up so people were coming round way over the 50mph limit. Just a shame that the police didn't come when I first called to say it was stopped in a dangerous spot Sad
julesandsand
Grafter

Also looks as if the young lady's car is beyond economic repair, being a T reg Clio.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Good news is that Admiral insurance sorted me out with a VW EOS 2.0TD within a few hours,

Yep, Admiral seem pretty good. Someone hit me from behind a few months ago on the way to the office at about 7:30, he was insured with Admiral. Just after I got to the office, at 8:30 Admiral phoned to accept responsibility and arrange a hire car and repairs to mine.
julesandsand
Grafter

That's interesting, as I have 4 cars all insured with More Than and Admiral do a multi-car policy.
dick:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Get a volvo 750 estate. Indestructible.. and I should know I hit one head on... it needed a new number plate  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!