Did you mean: 

Caroline Flack - Suicide

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

Caroline Flack - Suicide

Reported on the BBC news site

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51517973

Former Love Island host Caroline Flack has been found dead in her London flat, her family have confirmed.

A lawyer for the family said the star had taken her own life.

I don`t normally comment on these subjects,.... but it seems she had been living under some pressure, and some very negative press and tv ....

.Piers Morgan and others , particularly the "gutter press"...  must be feeling some guilt, I am sure.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Caroline Flack - Suicide

@shutter wrote:

must be feeling some guilt, I am sure.

Yeah, between counting the cash they made from harassing the woman to death, well, maybe not, it is the media after all, money is more important than someone's life it seems...

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Sad news, but on the contrary Piers Morgan has been extremely kind about her on Twitter following this news.

Check it out @piersmorgan.

As for the lady herself I don't think I'd even heard of her, but then Love Island was never something I would even contemplate watching. Didn't they have some problems about diversity, and then of course there is that now unfinished business she had with the CPS.

All very unfortunate.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

Piers Morgan is only trying to "cover his back" and "look" a "nice guy"...

Hoping gullible people will forget all the stuff he spouts about other people... just for boosting his own ego..

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@shutter wrote:

Piers Morgan is only trying to "cover his back" and "look" a "nice guy"...

Love Piers Morgan,he makes the other presenter look like insipid PC clones.

Never heard Caroline Flack until today,  but then Love Island is the program least lkely to

be in my favourites or watch list......

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@shutter 

Not for me to defend the guy, but I have seen nothing to suggest he's been nasty to the lady although the media of which he was once part have done exactly that, and as somebody has just tweeted 'no doubt the tabloids will be disappointed with sales after public fails to buy into their fake sympathy bull****'.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

Irritating at times, but Piers Morgan is highly entertaining and has a habit of saying what others are afraid to even think about. He has no time for political correctness and of late, no time for this self identifying transgender nonsense. 

On that note and given those ever rising floodwaters we are seeing this weekend, I might just self identify as seven foot tall until at least next Tuesday.

In my own head I sure I'll get away with. 😂

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Taking your own life is a tragedy and there are are other lesser mortals just as deserving of the publicity. This woman was going to court for an assault charge on her boyfriend. Would the public be so lenient if it was a bloke that had assaulted his girlfriend?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Marksfish 

Is the public "being lenient" though?

The media is certainly trying to be, which is a bit rich considering all the negative press deserved or otherwise she has been on the receiving end of over the past few weeks.

Others lesser mortals ias you describe them are just as deserving as well of course they are, but they have not been under the media spotlight have they besides which, who other than the local press maybe is going to write about Auntie Mable topping herself.

As said, it's all very unfortunate. ☹️

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

I heard one of my young female colleagues talking about this at about 7.30 pm. yesterday, then when I got home about midnight I watched the news on the BBC news channel and it kept being scrolled along the bottom of the screen as Breaking News.  Is it still breaking news over four hours after it broke?

Whilst one appreciates that it is awful for her family and friends, let's not forget that a large number of people died yesterday, and quite a few of those deaths were suicides.  Yet, this presenter's suicide is on the front pages of all the newspapers and tops every news broadcast.  The TV news item is even accompanied by a number to call if you have been affected by what you've heard.  In Fame (1980) there is a line, "You want fame? Well, fame costs.  And right here is where you start paying ..."  A lot of young people these days want fame at all cost but it comes with a negative side.

As has been mentioned, had the police not pursued the case they would have been accused of sexual discrimination and of not treating domestic violence seriously enough.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

Ten out of ten assessment. 😉

Highlighted
Champion

@Jonpe A quote from Spike Milligan @ 'A president dies all the world mourns...A soldier dies and all there is a telegram to his familly!!'  Same with celebrities.Sad

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone reading this thread is feeling suicidal or just finding it difficult to cope, please consider getting in touch with Samaritans, They will listen, no judgement, no pressure, and help you work through what's on your mind. They will never tell you what to do.

You can call them free from any phone on 116 123 or email at jo@samaritans.org 

More details at https://www.samaritans.org

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Wasn't it Stalin that said ' one death is a tragedy but a million deaths are a statistic' 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoever it was, @wotsup , in my opinion they were wrong. If one death is a tragedy, then a million deaths makes a million tragedies. Which is why I left information about Samaritans in my previous post.