Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caretaker Corbyn

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Caretaker Corbyn

Caretaker Corbyn, or pie in sky Prime Minister as Jezza "outlines plans" to defeat a no-deal Brexit.

Personally I think he has no chance, and although those Bremainer pundits that currently infest social media platforms such a Twitter and Facebook keep telling us all that a hard Brexit was not voted for, well that question was not asked.

Back to back benches for you m'lad when all this over, and no mistake.

As for janitor Johnson, should we fail to leave at yet another appointed time, then he'll be facing Corbyn at eye level from the opposite side if there is any justice in the world.

Sounds good to me. Thumbs Up

31 REPLIES 31
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Caretaker Corbyn

This is how coups work; first you depose the incumbent and claim to be forming an interim government in order to save the country while promising to give the people a vote 'soon'.  They usually take over the radio and TV stations first, but that's already been done years ago, just read the tweets written by the supposedly independent newsreaders of the BBC.

So what should we expect next if JC goes ahead with his plan?  A repeatedly delayed general election until he can be sure of victory, land reform, land redistribution, wealth being redistributed to war heroes?  Who needs Mugabe.

wotsup
Champion

Labour in a real forked stick, 60% of their constituencies voted leave but they a being pushed by their membership ( increasingly metro-centric and pro-remain ) to stay in EU.  Now do you get elected by your members or by the voters,  what do the wishes of a hundred and fifty thousand members who have hijacked the party to turn it into a pro-remain party matter against the votes of the millions who voted leave, and their biggest donor Len Mcluskies UNITE union is pro-leave.   Labour is in more pieces than the worlds biggest jigsaw puzzle and desperately trying to appear united, The voters will rip them apart in a GE, they will haemorrhage votes to both Libdums and Brexit party.  If Boris does a deal with Brexit party together they will be in a great position to fight a GE.....if he does not leave on 31st and tries to fight a GE without Brexit party help the vote will be split and although leave parties will get most votes, they will not get most seats.

Don't get me started on Remainers like Sarah Wollaston leaving the Tories to form a new party 'change UK' ( an ironic name for a party that got less than 3% of votes in Euro elections ) and then joining the LibDums - and all without the confirmatory vote from her constituents that she is so anxious to give the whole UK on Brexit... disgraceful behaviour.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Ain't that the truth, although if Boris bungles Brexit as well he might I see no alternative to yet another general election. Crikey, apart from the weather we are getting more like Italy every day.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@wotsup 

They are like a lot of chickens scrambling feathers flying looking to roost on another perch.

If nothing else this Brexit lark (because that's what it's become) has shown just how two faced many self serving hypocritcal wasters there are in the House of Commons.

Sarah Woolaston indeed, and don't get me started on the House of Lords!.   

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Corbyn cannot even manage his own party let alone be a 'caretaker PM' if that ever happened it's curtains for us all.

At least the Libdums have rejected his proposal but not so other parties who are still thinking about it along with no doubt a few idiot tory MP's.

If he did manage to become a caretaker PM the Labour party would vote him out and put someone even more radical in his place and implement the things @Jonpe mentions along with a long list of other expensive things.

What we have is a British Communist Party not a Labour Party. How anyone with a ounce of common sense could vote for them is beyond me.

wotsup
Champion

https://order-order.com/2019/08/15/corbyns-backdoor-bid-become-temporary-pm-bombs/

I guess Caroline Lucas won't be interim PM either after proposing all white women for a proposed cabinet... she really is green....( politically anyway ).

https://order-order.com/2019/08/12/caroline-lucas-apologises-proposing-white-cabinet/

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

I see nothing wrong with an all-white or an all-women government if they are the best people for the job; I wonder if anyone would have dared to comment if she'd proposed an all-black and all-women government.

We now have more 'leadership' volunteers I see: Ken Clarke and Harriet Harman.  Mr Clarke needs no introduction for those of us who lived through the Thatcher era, but looking up Ms Harman on Wikipedia, two things caught my attention:  She "proposed a rule change to exempt MPs' expenses from the Freedom of Information Act", and "announced a consultation on changing the existing discrimination laws, including options for reverse discrimination in employment. Under the proposals, employers would be legally allowed to discriminate in favour of a job candidate on the basis of their race or gender where the candidates were otherwise equally qualified".  So freedom of information, but only information she believes should be freely available;  equality, but only when it suits her agenda; ...  accepting the result of a referendum but only if the result is the one she wanted?

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman  I think I need to go to specsavers......Read the the heading wrong..... thought corbyn had been out stealing cars and was now into TWOKING.EvilCrazyAngel

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Indeed not, but neither should they be selected just because they are all women, all white, or bioth which as I understand it is being proposed and to be honest, nothing gets up my nose more than short-listing. Caroline Lucas must be out of her green tree to even suggest this.  

As for those other proposals from MS Harman, what planet are these people living on?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@TTman 

By fair means or foul, by coup or connivance, Corbyn seems determined to oppose the will of the people and get himself made head of the House of fools.

I bet Theresa is wetting her knickers laughing, and so she should.

For the many not for the few? He must be having a laugh as well. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

I suspect Boris is waiting to the last minute to call an election before 31st October.

The message will be clear, only the Tory party will get us out of the EU, with or without a deal.

Put another way this could be seen as a second referendum, there are many other issues to be considered when voting but for many people this is top of the list.

Likely such an election will see the end of Corbyn's rule so at least one good outcome even if there is not a tory majority....but who knows Boris is a showman and liked by many voters.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles 

A second referendum by default it would seem, but it might be the only way out of the cul-de-sac both major parties have driven us down, and for all the gripes from Corbyn about Boris having not been elected and yet he wants exactly the same thing, to be prime minister by default.

I've leant to the Left all my life but the thought that Corbyn the clown could ever be running the country fills me with dread and despair, it really does.

wotsup
Champion

So comrade Corbyn complained that our present PM was elected by a 90,000 or so Tory party members, but he wants to be PM based on a few hundred MP votes..  priceless even for a shonky Labour marxist leader..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Must admit I'm getting a little concerned about all this now. Moons ago I kinda liked Jeremy Corbyn - he was a threat to the Cameron / Ossie leadership and that at the time had it's use in weakening their leadership.

Now he's become too well seated having survived his own partys attempts to get shot of him. Caretaker PM? No thanks. In other words he wants to install himself into No 10 by force without a GE. Boris at least is popular with the public for being a total idiot - a clever ploy it must be said but he's at least got himself in with support from people. JC aiming for the job without public support is seriously worrying.

Frankly, I'd rather back Ken Clarke to takeover if Boris is ousted. Maybe he'll bring back John Major as part of his gang and we can have some serious politicians back at the helm instead of the jokers in all parties at the moment. Problem is that even he is wanting to force his way into No 10. 

On a more serious note, around 20 years ago someone (quite a wise person with a lot of forevision which has repeatedly been right) said to me that in another decade there would be a revolt by the scottish wanting their independence. Sure enough they wanted it and the vote happened. Now Sturgeon is determined to cause trouble at any cost. This person also said to me that after the scottish issue had become ugly we'd be heading into a civil war. Sturgeon was just talking the other day about doing shady political deals. Now we have everyone who thinks they have half a chance talking about installing themselves into No 10 to do us all a favour - while they take power for themselves.

So far, nothing this person has said to me has been wrong and nor has it since the scots had the vote.

Start making your contingency plans. 

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!