Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caretaker Corbyn

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Caretaker Corbyn

@Jonpe wrote:

This is how coups work; first you depose the incumbent and claim to be forming an interim government in order to save the country while promising to give the people a vote 'soon'.  They usually take over the radio and TV stations first, but that's already been done years ago, just read the tweets written by the supposedly independent newsreaders of the BBC.

So what should we expect next if JC goes ahead with his plan?  

Trouble, a lot of trouble. That's not an answer to your question by the way, it's what is coming our way regardless.

Whatever political decisions are made, whoever wins what vote, no matter what negotiations are made, we have so many volatile and emotive political issues going on at the moment that our country has managed to weave an incredibly tangled web with a multitude of angry people all supporting different causes and agendas.

How has that worked out in the past? Not well.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

@TTman 

By fair means or foul, by coup or connivance, Corbyn seems determined to oppose the will of the people and get himself made head of the House of fools.

I bet Theresa is wetting her knickers laughing, and so she should.

For the many not for the few? He must be having a laugh as well. 

She's a very cautious lady. I'm sure she would have laid in a stock of incontinence pads.:2funny:

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

I guess a lot of people will need incontinence pads is the very near future.

TTman
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

There is no unity in parliament at the moment so how will they get a government of 'national unity' no matter who lesds it!! Theres no majority for a 'Peoples vote', no majarity for a general election so where does the unity come from? If Corbyn leads it as Prime Minister how does he call another referendum and if it goes the 'wrong way' what odes he do then as hes changed to renain. Certainly he will not call a general election unless he is sure he could win it, so we may be stuck with him for years and what happens to all the other legislation that is needed. Brexit needs sorting by Oct 31st one way or another then we can get back to the country being run for the good of the people and all the other problems can be sorted out!!!!

Probably Im living in cloud cuckoo land:crazy3::huh:

TTman
Seasoned Pro

Just to add to my previous post....A government of national unity would need a strong leader can anyone pick a candidate from the ones who have put their names forward so far.......Corbyn,Clarke, Harperson,Grieve, Linaker. Any other suggestions???:rolleyes:

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@TTman 

None of those, in fact the only one I can think of is the ex-minister and nearly PM Michael Portillo

Still relatively young at 66 politically speaking and hard right (?) pro poll tax apart, I think he's the sort of leader lacking these days and although hell would freeze over before I voted for the Party, for the man I definitley would. 

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman At least the trains might run on time:thumbsup:

Community Veteran

All those would be leaders jumping at a chance to put their name down for the opportunity to get a prime ministers pension.

I wonder if any of them have thought much beyond that.

jab1
Hero
Fixes: 19

@billnotben  - Highly unlikely, and in any case I personally don't think any of them could run a corner shop, never min a country.

John
wotsup
Champion

You cannot have someone as PM who does not accept the result of 2016 referendum so that rules out people like Clark and the other democracy denying creeps - we already had a PM that only paid lip service to Brexit and she wasted 3 years trying to get a deal do bad it would not pass through parliament - and she succeeded ...so hope we don't make that mistake again.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

The only way to get a deal is leave on 31st as planned and then seek a deal.

These fools constantly harping on about blocking leave with no deal are music to the ears of the EU.

Once out of the EU there will be. plenty in business who give funds to the various political parties in europe and you can be certain if they are losing money through lost business with the UK there will be plenty of pressure to get a deal done.

Southern Ireland will really feel the pain if we leave and a deal is not reached soon.

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@7up wrote:

Maybe he'll bring back John Major as part of his gang and we can have some serious politicians back at the helm instead of the jokers in all parties at the moment. Problem is that even he is wanting to force his way into No 10. 

I understand Mr Major won't consider returning unless Currie is on the menu at least twice a week, although I suppose he might settle for a more modern, hotter version of the dish.

wotsup
Champion

@7up wrote:

Maybe he'll bring back John Major as part of his gang and we can have some serious politicians back at the helm instead of the jokers in all parties at the moment. Problem is that even he is wanting to force his way into No 10. 

Is that the same John Major who wanted to join ERM and forced Maastricht treaty through parliament ? He is an unrepentant europhile who was a failure before and will be again, former prime ministers should keep quiet and enjoy their fat pension.

https://www.brugesgroup.com/media-centre/papers/8-papers/801-john-major-and-europe-the-failure-of-a-...

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

This mornings Private Eye, just gotta love it! :thumbsup:

IMG_20190821_0002_NEW (3).jpg

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

:2funny:

:thumbsup: