Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Cards.

Christmas cards, Birthday cards, get well cards........etc

Do you send them or would you send them if your partner did not send them.

Most men I speak to would not bother and it's unlikely I would bother if swmbo did not do it, changes of addresses, dates to remember etc..... too much for me.

Am I wrong in thinking that the majority of cards are sent by women ?

The only exception I can think of when I would send a card is following the loss of a relative or close friend and that would be in addition to contacting those most affected by it.

9 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Cards.

I tend to be the one who keeps tabs of birthdays, etc. chez Mav.

There is a card shop not too far away where decent ones can be got for 39p upwards rather than the £2 or £3 from such places as Clinton Cards.

As for posting I will try and hand deliver where possible.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I always send Christmas cards.

Posted - but many hand delivered as said, a good excuse to say hello.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Thanks for reminding me, it's our anniversary on the 30th. I remember her birthday and Valentine's day also but those are good investments. Otherwise SWMBO is motivated in that direction and I ain't I do offer encouragement though
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Nah, just a message on facebook or send 'em a tweet! 

I blame the bloody Victorians and let's face it, it's all got out of hand what with mothers, fathers, and aunt fanny adams days. 

It's all humbug. Ticked off

Seriously though, Mrs Minivanman buys all the cards, and Mrs Minivanman then forgets to send them Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Christmas,birthdays, Easter, anniversaries etc - nah, but SWMBO does.

For a one off like bereavement or moving house I design one on the PC.

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

My missus sends cards....  I buy her one for her birthday, and for the wedding anniversary, ... but for others "on my side"... I use

http://www.jacquielawson.com/

Much more fun going through them to find something, than standing in front of the card rack waiting for "the all clear" before bagging the cheapest... ! ! 

Community Veteran

I do send Christmas cards. I will order them in October. It's always a last minute rush as I forget to get them ready but they eventually get done and off in time.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@shutter

Thanks for the link, have passed it on to swmbo, anything to make her life easier !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

SWMBO and I exchange the same cards each year for Birthdays and Christmas, and have done so for best part of 30 years. Getting a bit dated now. but neither of us object or consider buying new one's.

And before you ask, it was Mrs P who instigated it not as you might think me.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.