Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards - Shop or Internet?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Cards - Shop or Internet?

Hands up here as I have sent a few using the internet when it was first introduced. Spoilt for choice and easy to do but something missing I feel. Effort.

How much does it take to go and choose a card from a shop, stick a stamp on it, pop it in the post box and most importantly, sign it - well for many people too much obviously. I've received a few of course and whilst appreciating the thought, I do not appreciate the lack of effort.

How much nicer to have a proper card that somebody has written in and, with a proper stamp plop into your doormat.

PS. Yep, Mrs Minivanman mum received one this morning. Undecided 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Cards. Shop or Internet?

I prefer not to write cards as my brain moves ahead of my hand and the writing ends up in a scrawl.

Block capitals are what I inevitably fall back on and don't feel right.

The cards I receive are usually beautifully hand written and put me to shame.

Must try harder.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I don`t know enough people that I would bother to send cards to !.. so it saves me a lot of effort, time and money, not having to do so... 

I do have to spend "some" time... and "some" effort, on getting the missus a christmas card and a birthday card...  but that is an exception..

for anyone else...e.g. my sister who lives 200 miles way.. or a couple of "internet associates".. i use

http://www.jacquielawson.com/

Well worth the money for a couple of years subscription... ! ..

saves a lot of bother going to the cheapo card shop, and then having to write on them and then take them to a postbox somewhere, which is usually on the wrong side of the road, or means a special effort to get it there before the due posting date..

Community Veteran

Re: Cards - Shop or Internet?

Cards, hand made, swmbo does them with pressed wild flowers.

Minivanman
Hero

Fair enough @shutter but that's the whole point, it's about making that extra effort for that extra pleasure of receiving a proper card that you know that somebody has made half an effort to get for you. Of course there will be some that use the old 'last minute forgot lets send a card' excuse 

Oh well. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@journeys

Mrs Minivanman does the same kind of thing at Christmas, it's a sort of annual ritual for her which she loves doing. 

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman

Card shops all the way for me!

You can't beat carefully chosen wording and often I stand in fits of giggles at some of the funny verses. The likes of internet card shops might be convenient for some but I hate receiving a card with a printed message. Sure it might take some degree of effort to visit the site and pay for the card but it's hardly the same. 

Of course one disadvantage with internet cards is the sender can't put a nice fat cheque inside! Angry

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I wonder if anyone else has ever seen those comical multi-choice cards you sometimes see at the seaside? 

The message is already written for you which should please some folk here, so effectively all you do is just put a line through the bit you don't want. Lazy or what?