cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carbon Tax

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Posts: 10,707
Thanks: 2,222
Fixes: 16
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Carbon Tax

So how will money be raised to cover the financial losses caused by the lockdown.....

Carbon Tax is likely the answer......

On that list is .....GAS...

So if you use gas which many of us do then expect big rises, along with certain food stuffs such as meat, cheese etc..

We are born into history and history is born into us.
6 REPLIES 6
Champnet
Champion
Posts: 1,673
Thanks: 531
Fixes: 7
Registered: ‎25-07-2007

Re: Carbon Tax

With such a huge financial deficit expect tax to be raised on anything & everything....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 13,284
Thanks: 5,048
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Carbon Tax

Yet another tax? Not a good idea.

Far better to cut back on immorally extreme high wages and earnings (we all know who they are) and cut back or remove money that we the tax payer pay out to those hereditary parasites - and we all know who they are as well.

As for the obscenely rich mega multi millionaires and cash in the bank stashers, is that the rumbling sound of a tumbril I can hear?

Solidarity comrades. 😀 

  


Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Posts: 7,250
Thanks: 1,769
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎23-09-2010

Re: Carbon Tax

Not forgetting plain waste. HS2 anybody.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 13,284
Thanks: 5,048
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Carbon Tax

The only plus I can think of is that that it will take more cars off the road? - but then who can afford to travel by train these days even though at the moment very few people are.


Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
RobPN
Hero
Posts: 3,737
Thanks: 1,664
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Carbon Tax


@gleneagles wrote:

 

Carbon Tax ...

 

... expect big rises, along with certain food stuffs such as meat, cheese etc..


(my bold)

Brings a whole new (unwelcome) aspect to char-grilled steak.

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 424
Thanks: 232
Registered: ‎24-02-2009

Re: Carbon Tax

There are already substantial taxes on "carbon" but the real issue is where does all the money raised by taxation go? It is close to £1,000Bn a year of expenditure that is still not matched by sufficient tax revenue! Fuel duty drops significantly as people switch to electric cars and that will need to be recovered too.

You still have to pay for your own later life care and the NHS will no longer provide treatment for anything that is not immediately life threatening. The good news is that you will not know you are going to die of cancer or a heart attack as there will be no prior diagnosis!

Capital taxes on wealth are not a vote winner so it has to be done without anyone noticing. Currently only 5% of people who die pay Inheritance Tax, which averages out at £200k per taxable estate, The current plan is to change the system to tax Gifts so in fact the remaining 95% of the population have to pay it too. The tax rate will drop from 40% to 15% but with all those extra people (gifts will be taxed while you are alive as well!) it will bring in billions of extra tax revenue. You can read a summary HERE.

Next, if you can afford an electric car there will be road pricing.......