cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caravan roof light wanted

tinto
Grafter

Caravan roof light wanted

We own a BK Caprice static caravan, now out of production, and need a replacement roof light for a gap measuring 400mm x 400mm, or 14"" x 14" in old money, in the shower compartment..  It's not one of the current standard sizes so I haven't been able to source a replacement, and wondered can anyone in this forum help? 
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Caravan roof light wanted

Just put in .... "Caravan Roof Light ".. into the ebay search box and the second item displayed is this.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Vent-Sky-Light-Caravan-Motorhome-400-x-400mm-Flynet-Beige-MPK-Rooflig...
Cheesy
tinto
Grafter

Been there, done that, but they're quoting the size of the opaque component on top.  Ours blew off in a gale earlier this year so I don't have it to measure, hence quoting the size of the gap, and it appears that isn't one of the standard sizes currently in use.  
I appreciate your effort.
dick:quote
Community Veteran

So, can you "modify" your roof light hole size, either to enlarge it, or reduce it, to make the best size currently available to fit?
I.e. cut the hole bigger, ( if needed) or reduce it by fitting a square collar prefabricated to the size of the new fitment, and secured by using suitable fixings and sealant?
tinto
Grafter

@ Shutter
I've got exactly what I was looking for from someone on another forum.
Thanks for your time, much appreciated
Community Veteran

OK... Good move... I had similar problem with a broken skylight... bought some "FABLON" clear, and just stuck it on top... stopped the rain coming in... !.. then a couple of weeks later sold the van ! ..  Cheesy