cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car wash

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Car wash

Having just had my car washed by the local Pol's and Latvian's. What is that they spray on alloy wheels that brings them up so well and so quickly?
Vaguely recall when this now institution began a few years ago, that whatever it was would destroy the finish on BMW (or was it Merc) wheels.
You can't complain about their work ethic though can you?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Car wash

We have 2 local car washing firms that employ Poles etc.  There are always about 6 members of staff at each.  They do an excellent job and only charge £6 which is reduced by 10% to £5.40 with one of their loyalty cards. To use the Tesco automatic car wash is £4 so the the hand-wash is a bargain. Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

Not only a bargain, but a great job they make of it as well, far better than an auto-wash, whenever I've used one of those, when I get home have to wash the bits its missed.
The one I use is also £6 (no loyalty card though) I usually tip £2.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I did wonder if setting up a car wash employing offenders on community service would produce anything like the work rate these eastern Europeans have.
I suspect not.

Community Veteran

I only tip £1 so yours do particularly well Wink
You're right about the work ethic.  The car wash I use is open from 8am to 7pm 7 days a week. Guess that wouldn't be acceptable to some of the work experience people in the news this week Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Having my car washed, is like having a birthday..... it happens ........... annually.... (if I can get away with it!!!!) ..
er indoors usually complains that it is the dirtiest car in the car park... here`s the money, we`ll go through the car wash at Morrisons........ Cheesy
Fixes: 125

I'll only wash it in the summer months. You won't get me out in the cold with a bucket of water Wink
Strange I used to love washing my dad's Ford Anglia back in the 60's and 70's. Best bit was getting all the chrome to sparkle. I actually hate washing the car these days.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Which is exactly why I'm more than happy to pay someone else to do it.
And make a better job of it.

Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Having my car washed, is like having a birthday..... it happens ........... annually.... (if I can get away with it!!!!) ..

I've heard it said, that a liberal layer of muck on the car actually protects the finish underneath Roll eyes Roll eyes Ever seen a rusty tank, and they get really grubby.
You could try that as an excuse!!

Community Veteran

There's something nice about jumping into a car that's just been washed Smiley  I'm always conscious of being in a car that needs a clean Embarrassed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

As I'm living in a drought area it would be antisocial to wash my old car  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nadger
Rising Star

Have to wash mine as I was stuck behind a salt sprayer on M62 a few days ago. Had hoped it would rain but......
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Infinity
Pro

I'll have to wash my car quick, before the Southerners nick our water !
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

At the local Debenhams car park their are a couple of guys going around with a trolley full of car cleaning gear and will wash your car for a fiver.
They never seem to be hanging about waiting for customers, I guess it's hard work but they must make a fair amount in a day. Be interesting to know what Debenhams charge them for operating in the car park.