cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car insurance - result!

Fixes: 123

Car insurance - result!

Just had my renewal notice from Hastings Direct:
£314.28 or £357.28 if I pay by installments.
Already decided to pay by credit card as the interest will be a great deal less.
Got an online quote of £254.33 (£350 Voluntary Excess) from tha AA so rang Hasting Direct to see if they could match it.
They have now quoted £235.49 (£100 Voluntary Excess). Rest of cover identical except Hastings has added key cover.
Cool Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Car insurance - result!

Insurance renewals are a bit daft.  A few years ago my bike renewal was due so the company sent me their renewal notice for something like £200 with Norwich Union, hit confused.com or some comparison site and was quoted £80, rang up my insurance company to say "I'm not renewing" so they offered me insurance for £80... from Norwich Union.
Great result for you though too! Cheesy
Community Veteran

It's good news in a way to have your premium reduced but hardly ethical on the insurance companies behalf.  I had a similar problem a few years ago with Zurich.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Few years ago I reduced mine by over 50% just by ringing them up every day and demanding they did better for me. I didn't even get another quote from anywhere else  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!