cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car insurance renewal time again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Car insurance renewal time again

So got my quote to renew £162 up from £141 last year, so thought I will look around.

Same quote from same supplier (usually cheaper) was £241 !

Nearest other quote was £251!!!!! [-Censored-]!!

So looks like I will actually be renewing my insurance this year rather than shopping about.

What has happened to bump it up so badly this year?

7 REPLIES
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Car insurance renewal time again

HairyMcbiker wrote:

What has happened to bump it up so badly this year?

I don't know, but all three of our renewal quotes had outrageous increases this year (20%-50%), no claims, all three perfect records.

So a bit of switching - the Corsa (which basically sits in the garage all year) has moved from Saga to AA, saving £20 (but still underwritten by Acromas!). The Leon moves from LV= to Saga, saving £40; the downside here is that it is underwritten by Covea, about whom I have not read a single good thing.

The comparison sites showed that the renewals were not actually wildly out of line as far as the big names go, so I'm hoping that the reputations of Saga and the AA will count for more than the bargain basement underwriters they use should I have to claim

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I remember something in the news a earlier on this year, that Motor Insurance premiums would be going up more than people expected.... because of..........  ( can`t remember what, though.... !  !   !  )..

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 212

My car insurance costs me about £800. It’s been fluctuating around that figure over the past few years no matter which company I’d look at Cry
I’m told it’s due to the area I live in.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Effects of increased VAT and change of the Ogden Rate discount.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Gandalf wrote:
My car insurance costs me about £800. It’s been fluctuating around that figure over the past few years no matter which company I’d look at Cry
I’m told it’s due to the area I live in.

Try someof these! Could your employment status be a factor? Plusnet-put his premium up.Shocked

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

My renewal is with Aviva so I think I will just be staying this year, be the first year for as long as I can remember that I haven't changed insurer.
@Gandalf, @£800 I wouldn't bother having a car. Mine has been sub £200 for about 10+ years now, probably due to age/area etc.
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Gandalf wrote:
My car insurance costs me about £800.

Wow Shocked And there was me getting all upset when my quotes for all three cars together came in at £650 Embarrassed