Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Satisfaction Survey

Community Veteran

Car Satisfaction Survey

One to please Shutter - Skoda number 3 in survey
Car Survey
I wonder if the earthquake will affect next year's survey.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Car Satisfaction Survey

Why ?
Do Skoda's fall apart when shaken violently ?  Cheesy
Community Veteran

No but spare parts could be harder to get Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

One of our neighbours had a skoda with twin turbo and he loved it to bits. He bought it new and then found out the cost of maintenance.. £200 a tyre  Shocked
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
gswindale
Grafter

which earthquake is going to make obtaining parts for a German (it's part of VW now remember) car harder to obtain.
I'm sure Skoda will do better next year as the Japanese manufacturers struggle.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Skoda 3rd but SEAT 21st which doesn't surprise me given my limited experience with a SEAT Ibiza
Fixes: 47

Quote from: artmo
Skoda number 3 in survey

Joint 3rd with Jaguar Shocked
I had to go a long way down the lists to find Renault Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yes it's amazing how far down the list some cars are that you would possibly expect to be at the top. Undecided
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
I had to go a long way down the lists to find Renault Embarrassed

Surprised? They treat customers like cash cows, they charge you if their parts are defective / badly designed and even when they're on watchdog they'll try to get away with a 'reduced price' offer instead of fixing it under warranty.
Renault have got an appalling reputation at the moment. A lot of their cars are also pretty unreliable in some aspects. I drive a renault but its a bit of a hybrid as it has a volvo lump under the hood which makes it a very reliable car. You can tell the difference because the engine gives no trouble but its all the other silly renault bits that do.
Community Veteran

Interesting list (Peugeot was even further down), but the highest % (of satisfied cusomters?) is 85.4% and the "worst" is 74.1%.  11% points from best to worst implies a very low deviation.  In other words there's not much to choose between them.  Sounds like a lot of fuss over nothing.
John
Community Veteran

I also think there is some room for manouvering too because a lot of people judge their satisfaction on different things.
Some judge a car by its reliability (Volvo, Audi) whilst others will judge on on nothing but performance and speed or its badge.
I've always gone by reliability and gadgets. Reliability being very important to me - i've had horrible experiences of a failing head gasket, no money for repairs and a 17 mile journey to and from work every day.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes, I was pleased to hear it on the news this morning....... however.... To me , My Skoda is NUMBER 1....
Yes, it has had a few small problems, but nothing worse than any other, and although I don`t use the Skoda agents for repairs, they have always helped me "over the phone" if I had a problem, and the local Mobile Mechanic has had no problem fixing it...  despite the few small problems,  I consider it to have been the best car I have ever owned... since 1964 when I started driving a Vauxhall Victor 101... (a cut and shut nightmare that should have put me off car ownership for life ! ! !)...