Car Insurance

kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Car Insurance

I wouldn't set the NCD free either,  or is it getting a bit tight..  Wink  
smasher
Dabbler

The last time I had a cheaper renewal qoute from the previous year was around 4 years ago with LV,  it was even cheaper than every qoute on comparison sites including LV's own online qoute.
I was delighted with the price but as always with every renewal I rang them up and said it was too dear and got a few more £'s knocked off.  NEVER just pay the renewal price!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

This thread prompted me to look at the likes of  gocompare, moneysupermarket, and comparethemarket.
comparethemarket too dear (someone has to pay for the fluffy toys I guess)
gocompare I can save £30 on my car insurance here.
moneysupermarket I can save £75 on my home insurance here.
As both run out at the end of the month....................
Community Veteran

Turned out that my car insurance renewal was £23 less than last year, plus a quick phone call got another £6 knocked off.
So it wasn't worth changing companies as this policy had much better cover/extras compared to the one that was now only £1 cheaper.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

I think you have to be careful when using some of these sites that claim to compare policies for car, house or other type of insurance as I understand it the sites that are compared are ones that have paid to be on the list so not every company is included.
Community Veteran

There are some companies that won't go on comparative sites.  Aviva is one and I think Direct Line is the same.
Community Veteran

And I did notice that even the cheapest comparison site added £20 plus to my original quote from my own insurer.