Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Adverts on telly.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

Car Adverts on telly.

What is it about advertising executives, who think that we drive Left Hand Cars here in the UK   ?   Just about every car advert you see, the car is LHD... and driven on the "wrong side of the road" ...

If they use a bit of CDF, they would only have to turn the print around and show it "in reverse" and the add in the necessary text, and it would be a RHD car, and also driven on the "proper" side of the road.  ( ok so the road signs would be wrong... BUT.. will the general idiot motor buying public realise that  ?)    I don`t think so... cos most of them don`t seem to notice the proper one`s at the roadside anyway ! ! ..

And how about that Ginger Bearded [-Censored-],  in the car for "Hey Car".. advert..Jigging about in the drivers seat..

. Do they really think "THAT" is going to  make people say... "Yeah, Man... I just gotta go and get  one of their cars , cos I want to be just like him"

15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 84

Re: Car Adverts on telly.

You watch adverts, @shutter ?   🤔😀

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,290

I guess it's cheaper to shoot one video for the whole of Europe and just do different voice overs.
Have noticed the *this models shows all the stuff you can't have too?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

Another bugbear of these very adverts is the small print, that indubitably tells us that the UK spec will vary and the car shown is the top of the range one with all the options added.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Maybe it just adds bit of prestige or kudos for those of us in living in what is usually a dark, damp and overcast island to imagine ourselves zooming around Paris or across some palm fringed road in the sun.

It's all about lifestyle.

Went to IKEA the other day (not my idea) and I swear half of the men there had those 'man bun' hairstyles whilst the women wore sun glasses on the top of their heads... and don't get me started on nail varnish for both.

Easy to guess as well what type of car they will have parked up as they struggle to load those flat packs!  

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
shutter
Community Veteran

@jab1 wrote:

You watch adverts, @shutter ?   🤔😀

Mostly I manage to ignore them, by closing my eyes, and having a 5 minute power nap!...  but have to keep checking to see if they have finished ! ! .

. not an easy trick to achieve ! ! .. 😑 Wink 😑 Wink 😑 Wink 😑

shutter
Community Veteran

@dvorak wrote:
I guess it's cheaper to shoot one video for the whole of Europe and just do different voice overs.

Which is why I suggested they "reverse show" a mirror image version for the UK market.... But, maybe that is too technical for these Advertising guru`s to achieve

M3SNU-Steve
Dabbler

Hi @shutter yeah I have to agree with you that advert for Hey Car has to be one of the most annoying on tv.  It’s awful if I wanted to buy a car it certainly wouldn’t be from them.  

Steve

Mook
Champion

The sad thing @Minivanman is these guys with pony tails, or the ones that wear their hair up actually believe with a firm conviction that they look smart and trendy when in reality to the likes of me and you they look stupid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The car advert which annoys me is the one where the sound goes off  can't remember who or could be good advertising because it makes views look up

Other companies have followed suit  

HD

shutter
Community Veteran

@Anonymous   can`t be "that good" advertising,... cos I can`t say that I have ever seen it..... Cool

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 33

What are these 'adverts' of which you speak?

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

And the road they drive these cars on……empty for miles….

Very long time since I saw a empty road that went on for miles……unless….

The road had been closed due to accident or repair.

😉

We are born into history and history is born into us.
billnotben
Community Veteran

@Mook wrote:

these guys with pony tails, or the ones that wear their hair up actually believe with a firm conviction that they look smart and trendy

As do the ones who believe that all top execs must be half shaven and wear pipe cleaner trousers.

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

We all know whats under a ponies tail......a a******.😂