cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captain' of replica U-boat charged with £1.1 million VAT fraud

TORPC
Grafter

Captain' of replica U-boat charged with £1.1 million VAT fraud

[quote=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617110/Captain-replica-U-boat-charged-1-1-million-VAT-fraud-money-laundering-Customs-raid-submarine.html]
The self-styled captain of a replica U-boat has been charged with £1.1million VAT fraud and money laundering after a Customs raid on his submarine.
'Capt' Richard Williams, 54, of Blackpool faces five fraud allegations alongside his partner Laurel, 32.
He has been charged under the naval title  - and a series of other aliases he is claimed to have used - after the raid on his self-made barge in January 2012.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Captain' of replica U-boat charged with £1.1 million VAT fraud

Dolce & Gabana were in the news recently too. Apparently they both hid millions of euros from the taxman in italy. Shows just how desperate the governments are becoming now for more cash. At one time they'd turn a blind eye to the rich hiding their money and now they're after all of them!
To think.. I though D&G was just a trade name, I never realised they were actually real people!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Captain' of replica U-boat charged with £1.1 million VAT fraud

Thank goodness SWMBO is not a brand name kind of woman & refuses to pay the prices for cheap tat (her words)