cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannabis

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Cannabis

This topic seems to come up from time to time and is recently in the news following the comment from Fallon.

No doubt the idea will appeal to a number of younger people and perhaps some not so young who use it to control pain.

A number of American states have made cannabis legal both to grow and use.

My own opinion is mixed, I guess cannabis is similar to alcohol...most people use it in moderation (I think) but there are others who become addicted to the stuff and I guess the same would apply to cannabis.

Smoking is bad for you but cannabis can be ingested by being included in food stuffs.

So on the one hand millions of pounds would be saved by the police and courts not having to deal with problems such as possession and if legal it could be taxed thus raising  some money.

On the other hand some young lives could be destroyed by those who became addicted to it along will irresponsible use in the form of driving whilst under it's influence.

This is a topic I do not have strong views on either way, but what do you think,? Should it be made legal or not ?

11 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Cannabis

Legal only as a medicine. For those who want to get stoned,  continue doing it undercover. The health benefits are immense and quite stupid that it is not being treated as such.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

someone must be thinking how much TAX this would raise Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Steve
Pro

Loadsamoney...saying that maybe we should poison the terrorists with the stuff. Might chill them out a bit.

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Undoubtedly cannabis is destroying some lives, largely because it's much stronger now than it used to be. And, who knows what else might be mixed in with it?

The only answer is legalisation, taking the victims out of jail and the money away from the criminals.

Same goes for other drugs. Legalisation would ensure control of the strength and purity of the drug, and raise money for the exchequer - what's not to like?

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I prefer meths! It's cheaper and goes further. Undecided

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Absolutely, but I find it best not to ask for one from the fridge when in Boots. Wink

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazing what was legal at one time, as a young lad you could buy ether at the local chemists.....just for running those small steam engines on !

Going back further I understand cocaine and similar drugs were legal, could be wrong but I think coke cola used to contain cocaine ?

yet for years alcohol was illegal in some of the states in America. Even today it remains illegal in some states.

Community Veteran

I always thought that meths had a lovely bouquet, slightly fruity with maybe a touch of rose hip.

Community Veteran

gleneagles wrote:

Going back further I understand cocaine and similar drugs were legal, could be wrong but I think coke cola used to contain cocaine ?

yet for years alcohol was illegal in some of the states in America. Even today it remains illegal in some states.

Yes, cocaine was a staple ingredient of the Victorian tonic. My great Granny used to swear by it, literally! Evil

And "The drink's name refers to two of its original ingredients, which were kola nuts (a source of caffeine) and coca leaves." I believe the coca plant is the origin of natural cocaine.

Community Veteran

billnotben wrote:

I always thought that meths had a lovely bouquet, slightly fruity with maybe a touch of rose hip.

And if you mix it with a Campari it makes a lovely colour, sort of irridescent mauve! Tastes foul though.

Minivanman
Hero

Each to their own.

We all make choices in this life for good or bad and I have seen more problems caused by booze that funny fags. Banning just another drug is state interference too far in my opinion plus an appalling waste of police time, and although I have not 'engaged' since the 60s it was not their business then and its most certainly not their business now.

I wonder if my new smart meter will now report me to those busy bobbies because I keep leaving my loft lights on? Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.