cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian Grand Prix

Fixes: 47

Canadian Grand Prix

The Canadian F1 isn't going too well just now...effectively water logged and on hold.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Canadian Grand Prix

Never used to stop because of a bit of rain. The Moto GP at Silverstone this afternoon ran in the rain to full race distance.
nadger
Rising Star

Race is still under red flag.
Time to call it quits, methinks, as watching a procession behind safety car gets boring.
Fixes: 47

What a hell of a final few laps....well worth the wait and Jenson wins Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

would have been nice to watch BBC one and Two were showing last night, what with the Tennis and F! changings channels at will
nadger
Rising Star

Possibly time for BBC to have a dedicated sports channel.
Much as the hour, on BBC2, was some of the best racing I've ever seen, and Jenson's greatest drive, watching TV is a family compromise and SWMBO missed some untransmitted progs.
Whilst it was stopped, for rain, I did play one programme that I'd recorded for her to avoid too much penance  Roll eyes
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
would have been nice to watch BBC one and Two were showing last night, what with the Tennis and F! changings channels at will

you missed one as BBC HD programs were also disrupted as the F1 was moved to this channel at the same time it went to BBC2. It was only by chance that I tried BBC HD when it switched to BBC2 as I thought as the BBC are paying for HD transmission of the F1 that they will broadcast in HD.
phil4
Grafter

Same here, but even more lucky.
I'd recorded the race, and was still recording as I was watching it.... luckily I could FF through the red flag period.
Then in the recording I get to the BB2 shift, and of course the recording isn't recording that.... luckily I missed 9 mins, and like you only found by chance it was on the other BBC HD channel.
nadger
Rising Star

Friend has just told me that it was also on BBC HD - as I was trying to rearrange some recordings, to placate SWMBO, I missed that and only watched on BBC2.
With my Freesat/Freeview setup I can't record in HD.
Community Veteran

At least you got to see your sport.  Tennis lovers missed out yesterday with no play at Queen's Club.  Play scheduled for 12.30pm today Smiley
itsme
Grafter

and is on BBC2 and BBC HD
Community Veteran

Unfortunately I have a meeting this afternoon and can't watch a recording, especially if I know the result beforehand Wink
nadger
Rising Star

I know what you mean. When I record some early morning F1 events I don't go on internet, or tv, until I've watched race.