cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help...again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Can you help...again

Quite a while back I posted a request for information on what can best be described as the ultimate disaster movie.
This was a TV documentary, that may have been made by ITV or C4 in those days when they made excellent programmes like this.
I "think" it was called something like "The Day Britain Stopped" It begun with what on the face of it was a mundane Motorway accident I think, and followed on with a series of further linked events, that brought about the complete breakdown of the social and political fabric, stretched police, fire and ambulance services to breaking point. Hospitals were completely overwhelmed. The entire transport system; roads, rail and air were brought to a standstill.
The trouble was it was entirely plausible. I've a idea ticking away that there were unsuccessful attempts to suppress its broadcast, but I may be completely wrong about that. I also recall that many people who not having seen or heeded the trailers for the programme thought it was a real event.
My problem is that, you guys out there very quickly provided links to the film. But they were filed on a now defunct PC. Do you think you could supply the information again please?
If you are at a stage in life that you have never heard of this programme. If, as I suspect it will be posted here...watch it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Can you help...again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Can you help...again

Many thanks artificer, yes that's the one, but didn't realise is was a BBC production, or that it was as "recent" as that. Earlier replies found a link to a "you tube" type play of the prog. It certainly wasn't brilliant reproduction, but it was watch-able. Seem to recall the TV company (now known to be the BBC) declined to let it be commercially available. Blair was featured in it, and didn't cover himself in glory...so not much has changed then.
Thanks again.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.