cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you beat this ???

Bob_Milton
Grafter

Can you beat this ???

Today at about 7.0am 12th March, I called the PlusNet help desk.
After selecting the appropriate section from the recorded message, I was answered by the agent, immediately, or to be truthful the delay was about two seconds.
I bet you, that you cannot beat that !!
43 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Can you beat this ???

That`s not very long, I waited over 45 minutes to speak to someone at PayPal, and then they closed for the night......  Beat that !  Angry  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
cp:blue Full quote of preceding post removed as per the link:rules mod:end
mcgurka
Grafter

That was completely awesome... rang support at 11:47 > Tech Support... the phone literally went for 1/2 of a ring... and was answered by a lovely chap who actually sounded like he was happy to be there! And more importantly answered my query first time... apparently Im awaiting a manual change control for the .net zonefile to go through... reloading DNS, just for little ol' me Smiley
Kudos to PN for the awesome service! Cheesy
prichardson
Grafter

We know our customers more than they know us Cheesy
As soon as you told me your username, I recognised you (not in a bad way). Hell, I nearly even greeted you by name before the account loaded, but thought better of it incase I wasn't quite right (I was it turned out).
The majority of customers wouldn't get the level of detail we provided you with and there may have been a chance had you gotten somebody else, you may not have gotten this either. I just happen to know you know more about us and our processes than most, so would understand the jargon.
What freaked me out most, had you called only 60 seconds earlier, you wouldn't have got that answer at all (the info, not the call). The timestamp on the update on your ticket was only 60 seconds before I answered.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

you may not have gotten this either.

What on earth is that word    "gotten"...... ?        Shocked  Don`t recognise it as English Language..... Undecided
I think the word  " had" would fit nicely into this sentence Wink

there may have been a chance had you gotten somebody else,

and here, I think it would be better English to say .. "..... you been dealt with by somebody else"
Forgive me for being pedantic, but we have a beautiful language, that does not need to be spoilt by using lasy American slang.  Smiley Wink Smiley
Tsonga
Grafter

lasy?  Huh
glyndev
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Forgive me for being pedantic, but we have a beautiful language, that does not need to be spoilt by using lasy American slang.  Smiley Wink Smiley

I agree  with you about American slang. But dunt ferget thet tha's got all't local dialects n'slang frum each tarn an all arand't country as well an't tha lad. Wink Cheesy Grin Wink Cheesy Grin
N/A

Its always risky to post stating that you are a pedant, whilst criticising somebody else's english.
Perhaps a consolation will be that James Bailey is on holiday and you won't have to suffer his repost to such a missive!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: James_H

Its always risky to post stating that you are a pedant, whilst criticising somebody else's english.
Perhaps a consolation will be that James Bailey is on holiday and you won't have to suffer his repost to such a missive!

James would probably have been dismissive  Wink
prichardson
Grafter

Shoot me, I'm a scouser. Or is that shoot you...
owlguard
Grafter

Eyop shutter,a see what tha meens abaart tenglish langwidge bur al tell thi sumat owd cock,yon bloke who wrote yon wurd,gotten,dunt need to be teld hes lazy,if tha newers weer birdwell is thad know that int in there vocabulary,whups nar theers a long werd then,Al si thi.ray.oh and up the owls Cheesy Wink Smiley Grin Cool
owlguard
Grafter

Yep and i realise that the guy who wrote gotten,isnt from birdwell.Sorry just joking.up the owls. Wink
mcgurka
Grafter

Quote from: P
We know our customers more than they know us Cheesy
As soon as you told me your username, I recognised you (not in a bad way). Hell, I nearly even greeted you by name before the account loaded

You know what, I thought I remember the name from somewhere! Its good to know I'm known.. and that there isnt a big sign up someplace warning about me Tongue
Thanks for the info though, I pretty conscious about the technical aspect of things, its always good to have someone who can speak to you in the way you can understand it Smiley
James
Grafter

Quote from: James_H

Don't be so sure Smiley
prichardson
Grafter

Quote from: mcgurka
You know what, I thought I remember the name from somewhere! Its good to know I'm known.. and that there isnt a big sign up someplace warning about me Tongue

72pt Arial iirc Tongue