cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sleep

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Can't sleep

I guess some on the forum have problems sleeping ?

Perhaps you can give me a few tips.

My problem is staying awake.

Smiley

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Can't sleep

I don't have problems sleeping, it's the waking up I struggle with... Grin

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Can't sleep?  Easy, invite mum-in-law round to chat with the wifey. When those two get together in our house they could talk a glass eye to sleep.  Roll eyes

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

In my seventies now, but in my fifties I got into the habit of having forty winks around midday. It's an age thing to be sure but come mid afternoon I usually toddle off for a nap otherwise come tea time and especially after our evening meal I'm completely bushed and like you gleneagles I have a problem staying awake. Trouble is, if I then take myself off to bed for 'an early night', come 1am I'm wide a bloody wake!

Not good but hey, as you get older you just have to do what your body tells you when it come to feeling tired and I'd certainly not worry too much about it. Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

twocvbloke wrote:

I don't have problems sleeping, it's the waking up I struggle with... Grin

You'll lose that fight one day,but keep trying!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

a nice strong black Coffee keeps me going Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero

An idiot friend of mine used to boast of how he could drive for hours non stop when doing round trips to Europe. Sancerre in France to Warsaw non stop was his main 'claim to fame' - and all 'thanks' to those energy drinks such a Red Bull.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

I used to sleep for England - close my eyes and 'bing' it was morning. Now I rarely sleep for more than 3hrs at a time and if I do, regardless of the time I go to sleep be it 10pm or 12.30am I'm awake at around 4am.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Minivanman wrote:

An idiot friend of mine used to boast of how he could drive for hours non stop when doing round trips to Europe. Sancerre in France to Warsaw non stop was his main 'claim to fame' - and all 'thanks' to those energy drinks such a Red Bull.  

Perhaps like your friend I am a idiot as well, after driving to the lakes 90 minutes to 2 hours each way and fell walking for 8 to 10 hours I get a bit tired on the drive home but a couple of cans of red bull keep me well awake for the journey.

That's the only time I drink the stuff but it clearly works

Minivanman
Hero

Not the same as driving pie eyed for nearly twenty hours though is it. Knock yourself out by all means, but don't put the lives of other roads users at risk is all I am saying.