Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please pay for my parcel.?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Can someone please pay for my parcel.?

Yup... another scam email....
really don`t want to pay for a parcel that isn`t gonna arrive..!  

format=flowed;
charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18416
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18645
Hello Client
This is a notification that an invoice has been produced on 21/01/14. Your payment method is: credit card.
You can find the bill of parcels here:
[delete]
Good luck to all

and to sign it off..... " Good luck to all"    .... ! ! !    Roll eyes   Cheesy Cheesy
adie:green remove potentially harmful link
5 REPLIES
RichAllen
Grafter

Re: Can someone please pay for my parcel.?

The way to not get scams like this, is don't advertise your email address on forums etc.
Spam monkeys love it when people post their email address on forums etc, because they can easily pick up your email address and spam the heck out of you.
I used to get phishing emails and other annoyances all the time, now I hardly get any because if I sign up to anything that I know sends regular spam, I use my Gmail or Hotmail account.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: RichAllen
if I sign up to anything that I know sends regular spam,
Why would you sign up to anything if you already know it sends regular spam Undecided ?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

I use maskeme , if you do not want to enter your real email address , great for websites , where if you sign up to a newsletter, you get a free drink / voucher code etc..
https://www.abine.com/maskme/
Using the email function of maskeme is free.
Regards
Mike
Mike
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Almost as good as this one
Sent: 21 January 2014 09:23
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: SAD TRIP.....
I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right now. I was not able to inform everyone about my trip to  Kiev, Ukraine for a program because it was impromptu. I'm stuck here right now, i came down here for a program but then i was robbed, it all happened on my way back to the hotel where i stayed, Suddenly a gang of men ambushed me at GUN POINT and made away with my bags, cash, credit card and my cell phone, it's such a teribble experience for me, i need help settling some outstanding hotel bills and flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is i still have my passports and return ticket in my hotel room. But i am currently having troubles paying off the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take me to the airport. Please i need you to loan me (£2,500). I will refund the money as soon as i'm back home, i promise.  I'm sorry to bother you, I just didn't know how else to contact everyone quickly.
Please let me know if you can help me out?

Not only did they not send a forwarding address, they forgot to check the obit columns, the owner of the account they had hacked XYZ@btinternet.com, passed away several months ago and the account closed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Hahahaha to the last one. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't have £250 never mind £2500!  Cheesy
As to spam emails rarely see them since I switched to Gmail as my provider.