cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone with Amazon Prime answer a Q please

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Can anyone with Amazon Prime answer a Q please

I see they are now offering free ebooks on prime, is this limited to a certain number per month, or like the book version as many as you want to read?

I ask as it is much the same cost for Prime or the (e)book version. I think last time I looked it was limited to a couple a month ( I read that in a week), but now I can't see any limit.

4 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Can anyone with Amazon Prime answer a Q please

I signed up to a similar scheme a couple of years ago only to find I was being billed after a couple of months and even though seemingly, it was being offered as free service. Obviously I did not pay enough attention to the small print and they sort of agreed it was an ambiguous offer and gave me my money back with no argument after I phoned them about it.

Note: that even those you pay for are never owned by you neither can you transfer them. You only pay for access - at least that's how I understand it and on a slightly different tack, have you noticed how the price of ebooks has crept up? I have. 

Trust Amazon? Not as far as I can throw them.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Does this help you @HairyMcbiker

Screen Cap from AmazonScreen Cap from Amazon

Community Veteran

@Mook That is what I was referring to mate. Last month when I looked it was a set amount per month. (like 2 or 3) now it seems unlimited, and it is the same cost as the book version, so seems silly not to get it and the video as well.
@Minivanman I know it is a rental type, I had a free trial of the book version last year, they all disappear after you cancel your membership.

Since at the moment it is £59 I could just afford it this month. And get loads of books for the next year, and maybe watch a couple of video's as well.
Community Veteran

OK on further investigation.

Kindle Unlimited <> Kindle Prime

You only get access to certain books not the whole unlimited list.

The bit I was talking about earlier

Kindle Books
Choose one featured early release book for £0 every month with Kindle First. Borrow one Kindle book per month for no additional cost on any Kindle device and no due dates.
So no use for me really as I wanted the unlimited books access.