cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Hear Me?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Can You Hear Me?

Phone rings.... you answer it, someone mumbles an Identifications..." I`m xyz from abc company...      hello,  can you hear me?  " 

May even start of with... Hello,... Mrs.. www?   (your name..or your partner/wife name).. if they have already got your id... then proceed with the rest of the call... as above..

You may be inclined to answer "Yes" to the "can you hear me question...   BUT.. that is the scam.... you have just been recorded saying "Yes"... and that is a "verbal signature" to a contract that will be edited to prove that you agreed to the purchase of ££££££ expensive items.

ITS A SCAM... Do NOT say YES...  to any questions... if you have caller ID.. you will probably not answer the call as it is unknown to you...BUT.. there is always the temptation, just to find out who it was that was calling your number..

The scam has been widespread throughout the USA.. and it is forecast to be over here soon, if not already.. so be aware... make your friends aware... and make your elderly relatives aware too...

This is a link to the Portsmouth News...   but it was also on the Daily Mail site late last week... 

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/can-you-hear-me-people-in-portsmouth-warned-to-hang-up-on-new-p...

I am surprised that no-one has seen it, or thought it worthwhile posting about it... 

5 REPLIES
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Can You Hear Me?

I'm half deaf anyway, I'd probably ask them to speak up! Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Pardon?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

this has been reported as "fake news" though.
a scam report about a scam !

apparently that has been no evidence shown that people have been actually scammed of anything ever using this new "technique".

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

We now know that chenks76's real name is Donald Trump. "Fake news" is his verbal signature.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

shutter wrote:

I am surprised that no-one has seen it, or thought it worthwhile posting about it... 

Probably because it's being reported as fake news on the other site. Seems you got scammed into believing it just like the rest of us after reading your first post.

Still, it's always good to be reminded of these things and keeps us all on our toes. Wink