cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Rattling time - Dumball 2010

Community Veteran

Can Rattling time - Dumball 2010

Hi Everyone.
Many of the 'old hands' may know, but once a year I set off on a driving trip across Europe in aid of charity.  The event is called the Dumball Rally, and this year we are again raising money for the Teenage Cancer Trust
The money raise this year is specifically going towards the Royal Marsden Appeal in Surrey, and our aim as a group is to raise over £100,000.
For the past few weeks, our team has been busy "dressing up" our car, along with some internal "modification" to sustain us in our trip through France, Austria, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Kosovo (mind the land mines!), Greece, Italy and finally ending up in Sicily for a total of 2520 miles in 8 days.

Along the way, we will be involved in japery and tomfoolery which will all be recorded in glorious (probably censored) detail on the Dumball Blog which will be updated multiple times a day.
So, the reason for my post (having filled you in on all the details) is to beg and grovel for donations.
We have a fundraising page set up here which is totally secure, and all the money raised goes directly to the TCT.  Please consider donating - even if it's just a quid then they should all add up.
Meanwhile, I am leaving on Friday and won't be returning until at least the 15th September, so I hope everyone manages to behave themselves whilst I'm gone and no doubt the other forum Mods will do a sterling job whilst I'm away (as they always do!)
Thanks in advance for your donations
Barry