Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Can I help you?

Nise one.  Smiley  Smiley
mentalist3d
Grafter

decent prank Smiley
(EDIT 29th Sep 09: The video link below is a conversation between a telesales agent and an angry customer, this video contains strong language that may be considered by some as offensive. If you are offended by swearing, DO NOT follow the link)
This is my favourite, telesales call:
Community Veteran

Not really suitable for this forum. I suggest you remove it.
Community Veteran

very funny, thanks for posting Smiley
Community Veteran

something similar happened to me after i had added myself to the 'don't bother me list'.  bt would routinely ring at intervals and get right up my nose.  i asked them to make a note on my computer record that i did not wish to recieve these calls and was told that all i had to do was ring bt.  at that point i went ballistic in a similar manner to the fellow i just listened to, except for the anglo saxon expletives.
i recieved a further call after this and made it clear to the woman i spoke to that she should make said entry on my record.  this she appears to have done as i have not been plagued with this monstrous nuisance since.
thanks for posting mentalist3d.  it's comforting to know that i'm not the only one that loathes this questionable business practise.
mentalist3d
Grafter

Telesales, are getting worse nowadays, the way I deal with them nowadays is when they ask any kind of question for some info, I usually reply "I do not wish to disclose that personal data", they soon get fed-up and usually hang-up on me. The other trick, depending on my mood, is to reverse the sales pitch, something like "I am glad you phoned, I was about to phone you to see if you would be interested in buying blah, blah, blah", that one usually confuses them Cheesy
@santiago: I'll edit my post to notify users that the video contains language that some may find offensive, however, I will not remove the posting as, I have seen other links to other content that can be considered not appropriate for this forum depending on how sensitive the person offended is.
Community Veteran

When I get unsolicited calls I ask the caller to hold on and then put the phone down on the table for a while.  Keeps them busy Grin
mentalist3d
Grafter

nice one, that's a new one to add to my list  Grin
Community Veteran

Another variation on the same theme, when they phone and ask to speak to Mr. Jones I ask them which one and ask them to hold whilst I get him Smiley
mentalist3d
Grafter

Its good to see people fighting back against telesales. I get so fed up that even when I tell them I'm not interested or just NO, they still insist on ringing several times a day, constantly for a few weeks.
Sometimes if they are being very persistent (phoning at weekends and evenings) I'll use this site: http://whocallsme.com/ as most of the times you can get their real non-premium number to spam back  Grin
sweet00
Dabbler

heres a good one

Community Veteran

That's a great one sweet00.  Can you imagine the reaction when it was heard in the store Smiley
sweet00
Dabbler

i was actualy in the store i was delighted when i found it randomly browsin bebo a few years ago
unfortunatly the store was quiet and my mate that was with me diddnt hear it so he thought i was loopy when i hit the deck laughing. but had a good laugh with one of the cashers
sweet00
Dabbler

if you like prank calls go to youtube and search Hector Brocklebank