cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Borrow £5 (a moral story for us all)

WildRose52
Grafter

Can I Borrow £5 (a moral story for us all)

user deleted
10 REPLIES
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Can I Borrow £5 (a moral story for us all)

Off the back of 13hr working days since Xmas, maybe there is something in the story for me...
Fixes: 47

...and the older you get the more you think about such things Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
idlewis
Grafter

I agree my father was divorced when I was three and my mother neglected me as she was busy working full time as a landlady as well as drunk some some of time.  nobody was In the house when I came home from school.  My mother then encouraged me to stay with my Great Great Grandmother and now my mother wants me stay on benefits and do not want me to work despite very good qualifications as she does not want her any of my family to move in with them in a situation where I am at work and then in current economic climate, I made redundant and lose my house which I will find impossible to cope as as I have emotional difficulties and mild mental health problems and aspbergers Syndrome. So all my family do keep in touch with me anymore which causes problems with social work etc.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not
let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who
really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that £10
worth of your time with someone you love.
If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in
a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for
the rest of their lives.

You are so right, six years ago I suffered a heart attack and could well have not survived except for the fact that I was, fortunately, in the US at the time, and had the problem diagnosed and fixed within hours. But it made me sit up and consider the life/work balance. Since then I have taken a months additional unpaid leave each year during the winter and my wife and I go somewhere warmer!
WildRose52
Grafter

user deleted
idlewis
Grafter

I totally agree with you because you can all the money in the world like celebs and politicians but they still do wrong things and get into bother.  Everybody needs their family that will support them into times of crisis because without them people will suffer as they are always there for you whenever you need them but some people unfortunateley have families that neglect their children due to drugs or alcohol just like my mother.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

You've struck a chord there, WR52 - I'm not as close to my son as I'd like to be, and I know whose fault that is! You're probably familiar with Harry Chapin's song Cat's in the Cradle - sums it up beautifully, and touches a raw nerve whenever I hear it.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

There's a country song like this. Father busy all day at work never sees the son, son asks his mother where daddy goes every day, she says to work to earn $$, so boy says I have some $$ saved up there's about $10, would that be enough for him to come and play with his son/take him camping?
Fixes: 105

Cat in the cradle by Harry Chapin and covered by Ugly Kid Joe isn't it?
Will Moderate For Thanks
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Indeed it was, also Iain MacKintosh, Judy Collins, Johnny Cash, Ricky Skaggs, Airbag and Ric Mandell
Not young enough to know everything