cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cameron says you should ignore the council in your area..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Cameron says you should ignore the council in your area..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110411/tuk-pm-ignore-council-busybodies-throw-a-45dbed5.html
David Cameron has urged the public to ignore council "pen pushers" - and to go ahead and throw Royal wedding street parties.
The Prime Minister hit out at red tape and bureaucracy and urged people to celebrate, as he would be in Downing Street.
Speaking at a PM Direct event in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Mr Cameron dismissed any attempts by local authorities to force people into compiling rafts of paperwork for their party.

Just thought i'd post that in case any of you are planning a party and run into trouble with your local plods or pen pushers. Print it and throw your party.. shove it under their noses when they come round with a clipboard Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Cameron says you should ignore the council in your area..

Quality, I'll put tables and bunting across the main road here on the day.
Who care that it will close the main bus and rail station?  The prime minister said I should and to ignore the council.
Cameron is an idiot, a first class idiot, and he will live to regret this statement.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yep.. but won't it be fun?  Cool  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

He is only doing it, and saying it, for his own ego and publicity, to try to take away the focus of attention on more "serious" matters, such as his frinancial restraints and messing up the NHS, whilst still being able to afford to fight a war against a government he relished doing so much arms trade with only 12 months ago....
two faced?  make your own minds up... but do it at the next election.... because if you don`t ,..... gaddaffi may send his troops to help out the "opposition" rebels when the government forces start firing on their own people for holding street parties without the necessary documents...
Fixes: 125

Quote from: fourfourdevon
Who care that it will close the main bus and rail station?

Seeing as the day's been declared a holiday that means a Sunday service which, round here, means no buses Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

the Idiot also said ignore the council put your rubbish where you want, doesnt he know we have an EEC mandate to stop using holes in the ground and recycle as much as we can
pierre_pierre
Grafter

pierre_pierre
Grafter

comments below the last one
# 20. behindthefrogs
10th April 2011 - 13:26
Why do we have agist remarks on sites like this. As an elderly pensioner I have no difficulty in disinguishing between the various receptacles that I am asked to use for the different types of waste. In fact the evidence from what my neighbours put out it is the young couples without children who just can't be bothered to recycle.
13. Alan - Sherwood
10th April 2011 - 13:03
If people persistently leave their bins in the street on the wrong day, or are persistently too lazy to sort their recycling, even after advice, information and warnings, I can't imagine what the objection is to fining them. Why should the rest of us put up with their selfishness - obstructions on the pavements and extra Council Tax for someone else to do the sorting?

7. Trevor Wright
10th April 2011 - 12:46
Rubbish and recycling collections on an alternate fortnightly basis have worked just fine in our area for several years. Changing back to weekly collections must cost a lot more surely.