cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cameron To Investigate

geoffp0
Grafter

Cameron To Investigate

David Cameron is threatening an investigation to see if petrol stations are passing on the paltry 1p cut in the 133p-a-litre cost of fuel. But how can anyone tell?
This tax cut is a flea kiss: you just can't feel it. It was a symbol: a welcome one, certainly.
But lets remember that the government STILL takes 80p of the 133p we pay at the pumps.
There IS racketeering going on here. But the taxman is just as guilty of it. Angry
Geoff
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Cameron To Investigate

Don't forget that the Chancellor also stopped a further 5p per litre rise that Labour was going to implement next week.  We've effectively had a 6p reduction.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and dont forget that the 5p was planned when the prices were a lot lower, dont blame labour  Con/Dem have had a long time to cancel that but didnt
Fixes: 105

err but if it's a labour implemented rise there isn't anyone else to blame, is there?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

The 1p decrease is completely lost in all the obscene increases we've seen recently.
And how much would this so called investigation cost us?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: adiewoo
err but if it's a labour implemented rise there isn't anyone else to blame, is there?

I agree with you there adiewoo.  There are none so blind as those who will not see. Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: artmo
Don't forget that the Chancellor also stopped a further 5p per litre rise that Labour was going to implement next week.  We've effectively had a 6p reduction.

Er.... sorry,.....but ... if it hasn`t increased by 5p.... then it cant be counted or included as a reduction...
I could say that my gas bill is £1,000 less this year because in 5 years time it would have increased by that much....
sorry artmo... doesn`t wash with me...
Community Veteran

The increase was planned to take effect next week.  It was stopped. Don't think your gas bill has been announced to increase in the same way Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
and dont forget that the 5p was planned when the prices were a lot lower, dont blame labour  Con/Dem have had a long time to cancel that but didnt

would help if you quoted mine and not Con Dem
Community Veteran

In addition to the scrapping of the extra 5p per litre the fuel cost escalator is also being scrapped. This will be replaced by a fair fuel stabilizer.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and thats only because the mad outside Britain market has escalated so much
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
and thats only because the mad outside Britain market has escalated so much

Can we have an English translation of that Smiley Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

for the thick ones its not  the tax that put the price up
Community Veteran

mad-outside-Britain-market  or "mad outside Britain market" - whichever is preferred.
i agree shutter, a non-rise is not a saving.  a friend of mine years ago would buy stuff and boast how much she'd saved. daft bat that she was.
tinto
Grafter

@ Adiewoo & Artmo,
Two points.
1) It's a ConDem government we have not Labour who therefore can't  "implement" anything. 
2) In their last budget Labour cancelled a proposed increase in fuel tax because of a surge in oil prices.  I can't remember what the price was at the time, but it was a lot less than the £1.679 a litre (diesel) that I paid in Aberdeen this morning.  Made the £1.569 a litre I'm paying locally seem almost "reasonable"
I haven't heard anyone around here giving thanks to Gideon, whoops, George, as he prefers the proles to call him, for a whole 1p. off a litre