Camden Council Robocop

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Camden Council Robocop

Hi All
Just seen this:
[quote="Big Smoke"]
Who the hell do Camden Council think they are?
Just getting home from a photo-taking expedition in the snow and my neighbour points the camera out to me.
Now, the flash camera has been there for a while, we’ve complained about it before and we’ve been told the objective is to move people on. Seeing as this is our communal garden I’ve never really felt that was an adequate explanation.
Read More Here

That is just wrong, Don't mis the YouTube Video Here
As mentioned in the comments here in Middlesbrough we have talking CCTV installed about 5 or 6 years ago where some disembodied jumped up copper barks out to  passers by who dropp a crisp packet and tell them to put it in the bin.
Whoops forgot the P.A. system is used all night long, you can here it from my flat, I have heard it as late as 04:00 going off.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Camden Council Robocop

Does seem a bit of an overkill doesn't it. I've heard of that system being used in areas that are common for flytipping but in a communal area where there has been no crime it does seem like another power hungry council trying to lord it over the locals.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Camden Council Robocop

Update:
[quote="Camden"]
Statement about using CCTV to tackle anti social behaviour
“Tackling antisocial behaviour is a top priority for Camden Council and we’re committed to ensuring the safety and security of each and every one of our residents.
“The flash camera on Walker House estate was installed in September 2011 in response to an increasing number of concerns from residents on the estate and complaints of antisocial behaviour.
“All flash cameras have the capacity to deliver voice messages when activated but in this instance it appears that voice messages were inadvertently activated when the camera batteries were replaced four to five weeks ago.
Read More Here