Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cabinet Office talks to Facebook & co about new ID system

Hi All
This news article is available on my forum plus a number of other articles Here
[quote="The Register"]
Cabinet Office talks to Facebook & co about new ID system
Online access to public services could be via social networks

Exclusive Facebook and other social networks could be used by British citizens to sign into public services online, The Register has learned.
A Cabinet Office spokeswoman confirmed to us this morning that the department was speaking to "a range of industry" about its ID assurance scheme, a prototype for which is expected in October this year.
Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude said in the House of Commons last month that "people will be able to use the service of their choice to prove identity when accessing any public services [via the internet]."
Companies such as banks that already hold personal customer information in their databases will be among private sector organisations involved in the new system.
But social networks are also in the mix, too.
The Cabinet Office spokeswoman didn't want to offer specific details about individual companies such as Facebook and Google, instead preferring to say that "social networks could possibly be involved with the system."
She was keen to stress that "no data would be held by the government through the ID assurance scheme" because, in effect, the identity authentication process would be farmed out to a variety of players in the private sector.
Read More Here

Well I don't want to be friends with FaceBook, or Google and such like.    Angry
If I could I would emigrate from this country.
2 REPLIES
CapNcaveman
Grafter

Re: Cabinet Office talks to Facebook & co about new ID system

In anger last night after Facebook tried to synk my hotmail account to hotmail (which i definatly do not want) I cancancelled it the proper way and just got to wait 14 days for completion.
So I thought I was o.k until opening Hotmail this morning saying that they can synk all your mail/friends etc into one place..Well looks like hotmail will be going too if they do.
Not that I got anything to hide of course  Cheesy
So the Government can keep tracks on us better!...or was it a ploy to shut down the net because of our knowledge and standing up against the elite. Anything to do with Bilderburg group?  Crazy
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Cabinet Office talks to Facebook & co about new ID system

Know idea.  Huh