cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC Staff identification

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

CSC Staff identification

Having read the posts regarding CSC being "in two places at once"  (how about that for a marketing ploy?)I think it  would  be useful for us the minions, to have some identification as to the location of the person dealing with our "requests" 
For example.... if we are dealing with Sheffield staff, then the person dealing with it "on-line" could add (S) to his/her name,  or (D) for Durban
Likewise for telephone assistance, the person could say their name and location.... "hello customer, this is Mandy in Sheffield......."
That way, we can assess the "customer service" ability of the two places, and give the necessary feedback.
If this should be in the wrong place, then by all means move it. Wink
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: CSC Staff identification

Why? PlusNet would be able to trace their location. If you had an issue as to how your question was dealt with, without adding prejudice.
Community Veteran

Just being looking at the web cams and got thinking that if staff wore big name badges front and back we would know who they are  Wink and so help with identification. I too don't think it is necessary to know the actual location of the person unless they ask you to call back and specifically ask for them. I have had this problem with other companies when I called back and ended up at a totally different call center.
With regard to web cams, in the interest of equality when will the Durban ones be available to view?
Community Veteran

@ chillypenguin.

For the same reason you have webcams..... cos it`s nice to know who you are dealing with.... not to cause ill feeling, or deride the system. Sometimes it may be necessary to refer back to the person who gave you the advice, either directly or to another staff member.
It is all a matter of continuation of service.   not for evil reasons.  (or "prejudice" as suggested)
Of course, it can be open to abuse, as any system can, but it would be nice to be able to say "thank you to xxxxx in  (S)   or (D) " for the help and guidance.... not just to complain as some often do.
When I receive good service from anyone, either shop/business/restaurant/etc., I like to let people know that they have done their job well.  It helps boost their ego, and also improves the service level to others, knowing that what they have done is appreciated.
On the other hand, if I receive poor service, then I would inform the management to that effect, in which case the location of the individual would be of advantage in either case.
HTH
Emma
Grafter

Both Sheffield and South Africa have access to the same internal systems, so if a member of staff got a WOW from a customer it would be put in the forums. So don't worry the right person would see it along with all their colleagues. Smiley
Also all staff when the have contact with a customer leave a note on the account saying what they advised, so generally you don't need to say who you spoke to last as the person you are currently speaking too already knows.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: shutter
When I receive good service from anyone, either shop/business/restaurant/etc., I like to let people know that they have done their job well.  It helps boost their ego, and also improves the service level to others, knowing that what they have done is appreciated.

Me to!
Community Veteran

So Emma,
It appears that from what you say, we, the customer, does not, and will not, know who we are dealing with?
Is this the same Plusnet?    Quote  Open and honest Unquote
What is there to hide?  After all, PlusNet know who we are, and where we are, so why not share the same basic information with us....
I am not saying we should know the person`s full name address and login details,  just a basic introduction, which is common practice....
If you, (or anyone) go to a meeting, you will know who you are meeting, and where they are from..... if you don`t, then you would be "introduced" by someone who does.....
e.g.  "Hello Garry, I`m Emma from Sheffield"
or
" Emma, this is Garry from Durban,        Garry this is Emma from Sheffield.."   
What is wrong with that?    It is courtesy, and good manners, promoting good relations and puts the two parties concerned at ease, at the opening of any meeting.
It may be an internal issue that information is copied, and retained, so that others know (if they can find it) what has been said and done, I applaud that, and I am not advocating that any "follow ups" if needed, should be dealt with by the same (original) contact. Continuity can be maintained through the aforesaid method.
There was no "hidden agenda" in my original idea, which seems to have been triggered by (some) responses. 
Emma
Grafter

Quote from: shutter

It appears that from what you say, we, the customer, does not, and will not, know who we are dealing with?
Is this the same Plusnet?    Quote  Open and honest Unquote
What is there to hide?   After all, PlusNet know who we are, and where we are, so why not share the same basic information with us....

From what I wrote where did you get thew idea that you and I the customer won't know who we are speaking too?? If you look back through your questions/tickets you will see all the staff names, they also, as I used to say their name in the introduction over the phone. 
I am not bothered either way who I speak too, as long as it gets sorted, ideally quickly, does it really matter?? I don't know of any call center where the operator say's where in the country/world they work.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Emma
I don't know of any call center where the operator say's where in the country/world they work.

I do BT's Free Directory Enquiry Service 195 from Middlesbrough.
Community Veteran

See my original post..... If it is so difficult to understand then perhaps the mods will remove it and place it in the archive and forget I ever mentioned the idea    Lips are sealed
Emma
Grafter

Its not that its difficult to understand, it just seems pretty pointless and could give the customer something to moan about before even given them a chance to help, its not nice to be told by the customer that they don't think you can help them because of an accent/where they are etc. I got that, try being one of the only women doing technical support.  Undecided
As soon as I said who I was, customers would check I was competent enough to help them, or that I wasn't in customer services (who don't deal with technical issues). A degree in Technology and several years messing around with PC's gives me a pretty through knowledge.
Then when I did actually help then, which happened pretty regularly  Smiley , on more than one occasion the customer even confirmed that they didn't think i'd be able to help and were surprised that I did.  Thats a nice morale boost but it does make you think why do I bother?Huh
As I mentioned before, as long as you get the help you are ringing for, then it doesn't matter where they are.

Community Veteran

hmmmm.. this thread is going round in circles.. please bring it to a natural conclusion Wink
Community Veteran

see my reply number 9  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran

Gerry,
With all due respect my friend, I'd rather not lock or move any thread if at all possible, all I'm asking is that we have some kind of natural conclusion to this, even if everyone "agrees to disagree"..
Roger.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Ahoy.
'Aving bin a bit late off tha mark 'cos I missed Friday itself, I 'erd that as twas on a Friday,  piracy and mutny might go on all wekend,  Arrh, so 'ere's my doubloon's worth.
Avast,
Aye shutter. I'unt see nowt sinster 'bout this. when I's phone som'er thts got 'em all over, I always asks 'em from whence they hail, so I sez hoist yer ensigns and show yerselvs.
Arrh.