Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO alarm recommendations please

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Re: CO alarm recommendations please

@twocvbloke wrote:

I checked the CO alarm on the boiler cupboard...

FireAngel................

Great... 🙄

Fire Angel are the brand that firemen used to fit in houses, but somehwere along

the line they have fallen over on their quality.  I almost got Aico / EI ones to replace the

existing smoke alarms in our house, but as soon as I saw the irish flag on the box I put them

back on the shelf.  Did a bit of research and the Kidde ones were good value, reliable and

designed in USA.  we originally had two hard wired and cable interlinked smoke alarms - one on

landing and one in hallway, but I decided to fit extra ones like a heat alarm in laundry , kitchen

and garage and another smoke alarm in lounge,  rather than rip up ceilings and walls for wiring

I went for a wireless base on one of the existing hardwired pair and wireless bases for the

extra ones - got the mains power from ceiling light fittings permanent live as advised.

The linking of the alarms was easy peasy,  just press the button on the master wireless  base

and then you have 10 minutes to press a button on each of the slave bases and they automatically

link to master base and if one is triggered they all sound.   Kidde also do a bit of kit where you can link

it wirelessly to the master base and there is a 'test' and 'hush' button to save you having to press the

test button on a ceiling unit and you can also remotely hush the alarms - initially all the ones except the one that

triggered the alrm and then that one as well,  the unit is battery powered and can either stand on your coffee

table or hang on the wall with its integral bracket ( you can unlip the device from its bracket to carry around with

you and then stow it back when you have used it ).

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: CO alarm recommendations please

@wotsup wrote:
... ( you can unlip the device from its bracket to carry around with

you and then stow it back when you have used it ).

Handy for those who like their toast well-done!  Cheesy