cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV and security lighting was a good idea.

Community Veteran

CCTV and security lighting was a good idea.

Despite living in a street where nothing really seems to happen, I still fitted CCTV and security lighting.
Yesterday morning I caught someone where he shouldn't have been ......

.be
Looking at my other timelapse footage, there were three on bikes and one on foot. It took them another 3 minutes after leaving my property before they left the street.
Oh and it's also good for catching thieving and dishonest couriers  Grin
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: CCTV and security lighting was a good idea.

That`s a pretty cool camera... nice colours on it...  not sure the plod would be able to recognize the guy though... perhaps you could install some "ground level" lighting, so the light shines on the face from below.... with hooded tops and baseball caps, the overhead lighting is a boon the those people....
Community Veteran

I actually have a super low light hi res camera on a separate DVR which *should* have recorded a perfect image of him in black and white.
Unfortunately it stopped recording in September 2013 and didn't bother to tell me although the logs were clear and it was still rebooting every night as it should do.
I'm overhauling the CCTV this year anyway so will add more cameras and better lighting.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Even if the guy doesn`t actually do anything to your property... be a good idea to info the plod... as it may add evidence to someone else`s misfortune.....
Fixes: 47

Something on our local Police area Facebook page.
Just a plea because I often get asked and it is especially relevant with the number of Burglaries over the past couple of days.
If you see something suspicious, someone hanging around your street in strange circumstances then ring us on 999.
We need your eyes and ears to catch criminals. Ask yourself the questions. Does this look right? If the answer is No then it probably isn't so ring the police.
Try and note down any registration numbers and descriptions.
We cant be everywhere so we rely on the public to tell us.
Thanks

We also get updates on crime in the area which is very useful in putting people on the alert and getting useful information back to the police.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I emailled our local station with the full details and a link to the video.
If they have been up to no good then they are welcome to get back to me Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

An electric stock fence is difficult to see at night and prevents people from becoming too relieved off camera.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

those things used to be illegal unless you had livestock....I'm not sure such rules would of changed in the last few years as electro shock therapy for the ill willed is classed as torture..........
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
CX
Grafter

Our local police have been helpful even when entry wasn't succesful. They taken footage of the hooded individuals peering through the windows of cars parked on the drive.
Of course, even when there isn't a perfect view of their face, the police know exactly which scumbag it is. People like that often need dealing with by other means, since the courts are unable to do so.