Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

C'mon in, the Water's lovely.....

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: C'mon in, the Water's lovely.....

The last sentence in the article sums it up well, ' people with too much time on their hands '

If water at room tempature is needed there is such a thing as a cold water tap.... or take a bottle of water into work.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd have just superglued the plug into the socket... Grin

Community Veteran

But surely the point of a water cooler is that it cools the water... so anyone found to be unplugging it should be disciplinedHuh

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

It is the point, and water coolers also have a bypass so can supply room-temperature water, some are even really special and can supply hot water too, so long as a numpty doesn't come along and unplug it without permission... Grin

Community Veteran

How did anyone manage to work before the introduction of water coolers in the work place ?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Used a tap..... now there's a novel idea Wink

Seriously though these things are just the spider plants of their day, every office should have one of they are to look hip, which of course is cooler than cool. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

gleneagles wrote:

How did anyone manage to work before the introduction of water coolers in the work place ?

Damned if I know, my first job had a kitchen sink with a tap in the canteen, my second job also had a kitchen sink with a tap in what used to be a kitchen (building was an old church-come-community centre type place), or I just took my own drinks in with me in the morning and bought more on my lunchbreak... Grin