Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye, Bye Bake Off

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Bye, Bye Bake Off

The current series of The Great British Bake Off will be the last seen on the BBC after the corporation lost the contract to broadcast the show.

23 REPLIES
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

Re: Bye, Bye Bake Off

Not surprised as Sky bought the production company last year so this was always going to happen.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Good - oh ! ! ... That will leave room for some more interesting programmes, like...

The Great British watching paint dry show..... 

or

something equally disinteresting....

Fixes: 125

shutter wrote:

something equally disinteresting....

Like any reality TV Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

St3
All Star

I think its boring anyways

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Well it keeps Mrs Minivanman occupied for an hour so that has to be a good thing right?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Who cares. It's [-Censored-] anyway, and precisely the type of programming BBC shouldn't be doing. And its gone to C4 anyway...

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Personally i think it is a great show, the viewing figures are very good 

Mike
Community Veteran

SpendLessTime wrote:

Not surprised as Sky bought the production company last year

Can't fight the competition, so they just buy it out, pretty normal for sky, just like back in the day when the UK had a choice of satellite providers (BSB and sky), they were meant to "merge" when both platforms were in difficulty, but ultimately sky just bought out & rebranded the BSB channels, and sold off the BSB platform (the squarials, the far superior DMAC receivers, Marcopolo house and of course the Marcopolo satellites themselves) to become the UK satellite pay TV monopoly... Smiley

alanf
Aspiring Pro

"BBC media correspondent David Sillito said negotiations with the show's presenters and judges - Mel Giedroyc, Sue Perkins, Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood - have yet to begin."

So C4 have bought a brand but could end up with a completely different cast.

What next from the BBC? The Great British Fry Up?

Infinity
Pro

Community Veteran

The BBC is learning that when you outsource your production work you lose control of your business.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

And yet, they bought out Clarkson and his production company that were making Top Gear, and look at the income they lost there... Funny

Minivanman
Hero

There is the danger of course that if they are losing their hosts it will go down the pan pretty much like Top Gear did.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
CX
Grafter

The BBC are making a big deal out of this, whereas nobody else really cares. So what if I have to press the number 4 on my remote rather than the number 1. It's not difficult.

When the "breaking news" announcement was made during the BBC News on Monday, I thought "oh no, here we go again" but thankfully it was a non-story, even though they wheeled in an expert commentator on it. Of the numerous stories they've plastered over the front page of BBC News this week, they've struggled to find any celebrities who care enough to write about it on Twitter.