Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butterflies

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Butterflies

@Mook He may want to experience the joys that Wales have to offer! Wink 

The normal UK swallowtails I've seen usually have a more black markings and even some blue towards the tail which is why I wasn't too sure it was one of those.

That one was the only one I found that had similar patterns, maybe this one is just a little funky.

Nikka
 Plusnet User Research Lead
RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

@Mook wrote:

@Nikka That species appears to be indigenous to the USA so if it is one how on earth did it get to Wales!

@Mook 

Didn't @Minivanman  say he was in France ATM?  Unless of course he's returned home.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Could be @RobPN but that ever further from the USA than Wales.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 38

@Minivanman Looks like Tagged Scarce Swallowtail. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@Mook 

Well hard to tell as I'm no collector of such things either but if it was a moth, it was a big one!

As said in an earlier post they looked like they were flying backwards because of the way the wings were shaped but still very nice all the same. Smiley 

PS. Again from my first post, this was not seen in Wales but where I was staying with my son in central France for a few days. It would be nice if we did have them here but sadly not, we just get a much colder climate (usually) and of course the rain. Nice to come home to green fields though as although very hot where we were, the fields are dust bowl brown due in part to there being a ban on using water on them. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

On looking up what @JOLO thinks it is, it's a perfect fit. So much for the moth idea!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

@RobPN 

Yep, back now to green fields... and a hour and a half stuck in traffic because of road works on the M4 at 11 pm at night - which was not nice as we'd been travelling for twelve hours by then and still had another two to go before we got back to our little part of west Wales happy but very tired. 

No place like home is there. 

Mind you, Google sat nav did warn us but then how bad could it be we thought - so chose to ignore it.

Mistake, big mistake. Sad