Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butterflies

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Butterflies

I've not seen so many Butterflies for quite a while...
The garden is still full of Nasturtiums, which the many Multi-coloured Butterflies like.
The Nasturtiums have lasted well, self seeding as Autumn approaches, checking my Diary for last year, they lasted well into October.
The Bees have all disappeared now, just Butterflies mostly Red Admirals and Cabbage Whites.
But not seen many Caterpillars, they all appeared earlier in the year.
Many of the smaller birds seem to have migrated away too.
Just the usual Wood Pigeons Bathing & Drinking in the Bird Baths.
And eating up all the very small Spiders that live in a patch of greenery.

The Butterflies though are a delight to watch, as they do their rounds of the flowers in the Walled Garden.
Especially as it is warm and pleasant enough to just sit outside and watch them.
2 REPLIES
Fixes: 123

Re: Butterflies

SWMBO found a beautiful butterfly in the bedroom the other day - I wish I had taken a photo of it. She caught it in a jar and released it into the back garden.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

randpwar
Grafter

Re: Butterflies

I saw more of the coloured varieties, Red Admiral, Tortoiseshell and Peacock when the Buddleia eventually sprang into life. Haven’t seen a single Painted Lady all year.
Quite a few Orange Tips earlier in the summer and a fair number of (I think, really no expert) Common (Meadow?) Brown and Small Blue
I never like to see nettles being cut down as they are the only plant that Red Admiral lay eggs on