cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busiest Day on ebay

Community Veteran

Busiest Day on ebay

Today was expected to be the busiest day on ebay with 5m visitors resulting in over 1m sales.  Quite a figure isn't it?
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hl11hbg7oFaHD_tlVgEDE43vQXBw
18 REPLIES
scootie
Grafter

Re: Busiest Day on ebay

the GF hasnt bein off ebay for the last week, feel sorry for the postie thats got to delver that lot
Community Veteran

I bought 4 DVDs last night and it seemed quiet.  Got them at good prices.
Like your fighting pic ASBO Smiley
scootie
Grafter

saw this on click this weekend and dawned on me how some one did there stick man falling from avatar to the sig bar on this forum, ive forget who did it
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stickfigure.html
it never seemed quiet wen the GF was bidding, she swore some one else was following her around ebay out bidding her to anoy her lol
Fixes: 47

James_G
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Thanks for the download ASBO.  Will have a play with it later Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Am new to ebay,
Won a couple of things, lost out on a few more.
Couldn't understand for a while why the Ebay 'auction win price' is sometimes higher than the Amazon 'new price including postage' for the same article.
Community Veteran

Basically because some people want to win at any price.  I often see the same thing.  If I'm bidding I will check the price elsewhere, allow for postage costs and then decide what my highest bid will be.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
If I'm bidding I will check the price elsewhere, allow for postage costs and then decide what my highest bid will be.

On that note, whilst discussing eBay I'd just like to offer a general plea from a seller to buyers: please don't mark us down (in detailed seller ratings and the suchlike) on our postage costs when all we're doing is passing on the precise cost that we have to pay Royal Mail to send your items. I try and keep my feedback ratings etc. perfect on there but short of charging buyers less for postage than it costs me, it's impossible to. Sad
Community Veteran

Many people don't just pass on the postage cost, they set out to enhance their profit with inflated postage charges
I won't bid on anything that I believe is a rip off on postage.
It pisses me of when a parcel arrives in a little second hand jiffy bag with postage at say £1,80 and the seller has charged £5.00. I always leave negative feedback if I think the postage is a rip off
Community Veteran

I always avoid sellers who attempt to rip buyers off with postage.  If you are looking for, say, a specific DVD it can often be found with postage varying from free to up to 5 pounds. 
I have noticed that many sellers now offer free postage which is good.
Be3G has ebay tried to get sellers to offer free postage as there seems to be more of this on the site now.  Also, does ebay contact sellers who get poor feedback?
scootie
Grafter

i use to sell alot of stuff on ebay, and i couldnt belive what sellers would charge for there postage, its just stinks of i will make a profit even if you win the auction at 99p
i use to go to great length to work the weights out and cost of packaging an item and only add a maxium of 50p on to the est P@P to cover any extra it may cost. i use to get very good feedback on my speedy posting and the excellent package. am shocked at how most items arrive time/ package that i have brought and the cost they charged.
i to look at the postage when bidding and take the extra money they have added on to there postage to rip you off into account when placing my maxium bid
i hate sellers that buy off you and then try to claim the item hasnt arrived ect ect ect and try to claim a refund, i had one saying an item was faulty and i knew it wasnt offered them a full refund on return and they wouldnt. they wanted me to refund them before sending the item back. needless to say they didnt return the item because they was trying it on, so they could resell it on because i watched them auction it off with an inflated p@p price
Community Veteran

I've been very pleased with my purchases on ebay.  In about 4 years I've only had one problem and that was over a cheap DVD or CD that didn't arrive and the seller then stopped selling on ebay.  I think it was a con but as I say the only problem I have had.  On any purchase I always check sellers feedback and don't bid if the feedback is bad.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

time to start looking at BBC1 - 09:15  every day this week  - Rip of Britain.
  Mon - Utilities,  Tues - Personal Finance, Wed - Shopping, Thurs - Housing, Fri -Travel
Community Veteran

Saw the prog this morning and was not impressed.  Nothing new to say that hasn't been said many times before.  Aimed at the novice.