Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus takes wrong turn...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Bus takes wrong turn...

http://www.lbc.co.uk/kingston-bus-hits-bridge-after-taking-wrong-turn-83366
My guess as a bus/coach driver is that the bus was running empty out-of-service, that the driver usually drives single deckers but was allocated a double decker for his route.
Buses hitting bridges nearly always occur in these circumstances when the driver uses his regular route from the depot to the start of his route, forgetting he's driving a double decker, quite often its not easy to tell from the driving seat unless tree branches remind you.
Drivers do not have allocated routes from depot to route start and can usually go on whichever route they wish when out-of-service, hopefully remembering about any low bridges. In the vast majority of cases there are no passengers on board, although sadly it does happen that passengers can be injured.
I would again guess the driver is looking for another job at this time.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Bus takes wrong turn...

Saw that on the Metro newspaper on the bus sitting on the top deck. 
Cracked up the day well  Grin
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Fixes: 122

They never seem to come cleanly off like this one Wink (2:20 in)
LaLD

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yikes!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!