cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Pass

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Bus Pass

Got a renewal form for my Bus Pass the other day along with a letter giving information on how it could be renewed. The letter also contained the following advice, ' When you get your new bus pass cut the old one up but before doing so make sure you are cutting up the old pass and not the new one.'
Perhaps it's me but I find such comments condescending as it's something one might say to a young child rather than an adult.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Bus Pass

None of us are intelligent/sensible enough to make good decisions and, therefore, must be guided by the nanny state Angry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Scenario...
You have old card on table ready to be cut, At the same time you have opened up your new letter with new pass, So you decide to put It on the table while you go and fetch a pair of scissors from the kitchen, Upon your return you  pick up the old pass and cut It to bits, Pick up new card to put In wallet and realise the date On It Is passed, You piece together the old card that you just pulled out the bin bit by bit and discover you actually cut up the new card by accident?
Knowing me Its something I could see myself doing so the message on the letter could change the course of this whole scenario?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Terrible admission: I have cut up a new debit card when a replacement arrived rather than the old one. I could hear, much as she tried to hide it, the amusement in the reps voice when I called to order another.
But only the once though Embarrassed
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gleneagles
...When you get your new bus pass cut the old one up but before doing so make sure you are cutting up the old pass and not the new one.'

Sounds a bit like the apocryphal bomb disposal instructions. "Cut the red wire after cutting the blue wire."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gleneagles
...When you get your new bus pass cut the old one up but before doing so make sure you are cutting up the old pass and not the new one.'

Even after reading the above I could just as easily cut up the wrong one Embarrassed
Fixes: 125

Surprised they didn't suggest wearing safety goggles as well Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I actually save my old ID cards with photo's.
Looking back over the years, sigh, I had hair once !