cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning Building

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Burning Building

I guess it's lucky we've had such a good summer or this problem may not have come to light for quite a while. Huh
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Oldjim
Anyone who designs a building like a parabolic mirror

That's the part I really don't understand.
It's so obvious.
It's like they were only concerned with the looks and to hell with the consequences.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

That's why they're designers and we're not Wink
Highlighted
Fixes: 474

Some entrepreneur will be renting out the aforementioned focal point to avid sun worshippers.
A Caribbean tan in 20 seconds.....

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: billnotben
It's like they were only concerned with the looks and to hell with the consequences.

More like their own ego if you ask me. Most people who make that cockup once will steer clear of doing it again. This one hasn't and has convinced themselves they're worthy of a big self awarded pat on the back for a job well done.
Quote from: Thunderclap
Quote from: Sprite
We those clueless idiots are ex special effects guys who are actually both very skilled engineers.

Sorry, cellotaping plastic bottles together to make a rocket is not rocket science, it's just twenty minutes of American TV. The only employable engineer on Mythbusters is that Asian guy.

Not sure how I managed to type in 'We' but that wasn't supposed to be there lol. Anyway sellotaping plastic bottles together is not the point. The point is that they test a principle - aka proof of concept. It doesn't matter how amateur it looks if it proves a point. Next thing I know you'll say a book is crap because of it's cover  Roll_eyes
Quote from: Oldjim
Anyone who designs a building like a parabolic mirror and doesn't check where the focal point is is either dumb or stupid given that it was the second time they did it.

Agreed OJ. I think the person who did this was a self obsessed moron.
Quote from: artmo
I guess it's lucky we've had such a good summer or this problem may not have come to light for quite a while. Huh

Clever and funny lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!