cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burglar Shot After Breaking Into House

Community Veteran

Burglar Shot After Breaking Into House

It's good to know we have some judges with a bit of common sense.
Good Judgment
6 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Burglar Shot After Breaking Into House

Very interesting, and sensible  Smiley
As I've said before I wouldn't have liked to be put in that position when I kept my .22 Anschutz match rifle at home especially as that would have been regarded as a lethal weapon.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes! there seem to have been a few sensible judgements recently in amongst the usual unfathomable anomalies. Would this be anything to do with Teresa May influence. She does seem to have her feet on the ground. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

You could be right there Petlew.  Teresa May is doing a good job IMO.
There's an interesting conversation on using force on intruders on LBC as I type this.
Community Veteran

Unless new laws have been introduced that I missed, or new guidance has been issued to judges by the justice ministry but the public totally failed to notice, then the current government has had no effect on this judicial outcome.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

That guy is lucky to be not charged, air-rifles are a firearm not requiring a license last time i checked, but that might have changed since I was last actively shooting.  As it is most modern air-rifles can do a lot of damage and in some cases fatally.  So very surprised he didn't get charged under firearms act.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

What you should know about owning an airgun
You do not need a license to own and air rifle or pistol providing it is not capable of exceeding certain power limits. The power limit is set at 12 ft. lbs. For air rifles and 6 ft. lbs. For air pistols. These power limits are for any brand of pellet and it is your responsibility to ensure that the gun has a legal power output at all times. Special rules apply however, in Northern Ireland.
You may not possess an air rifle that exceeds the 12 ft. lbs. Power limit unless you have a firearms certificate (FAC) which allows you to possess it.
http://www.youngmans.com/acatalog/law.html