cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullying

Knutech

Bullying

Here is an open letter I wanted to Email to Plusnet, but you cant Email Plusnet, which is amazing considering they are a communication company and Email is the most commonly used form of communication in the world! I believe its because they either don't have the staff to hand all the complaints or its basically a deterrent? Why have an Email address on the Email they send, as when you respond to it the auto-responder send 2 further Emails, stating you cant respond, brilliant!

Here's the Email I wanted to send;

Dear Plusnet Customer Support.

I'm starting to believe the 'Customer Satisfaction' rewards have either been bought or made up? I have been in hospital for the past 2 months and it will be another month before I'm well enough to actually go home with my life completely changed. I've had two heart attacks and bypass surgery and died twice in between. I told your people this and actually spoke to them from a hospital bed, but you continue to bully.

I will be writing to WHICH, Trading Standards and any other body  I can think of who can show Plusnet for what it is, explaining how I was bullied more than once whilst in a hospital bed.

I don't need this stress and Plusnet are causing me a lot and I won't forget and I will tell everyone I know and in turn they will tell everyone they know and hopefully before very long Plusnet will get the correct feedback and not the 'Disney Land' promotion that's shown on our TV sets.

Yours a very annoyed customer.

[removed]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 18 August 2017 14:21

To: [removed]

Subject: Home Phone - Your outgoing calls have been stopped

Dear [removed],

Account username: k******h

We're sending this email to let you know that outgoing calls have been stopped on your landline.

Our Support Team will be able to tell you what the problem is and what's needed to get your outgoing calls restored.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum to a private staff area.

29 REPLIES 29
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Bullying

Sorry to hear of your health woes, I hope you are on the road to recovery.

I'm afraid plusnet aren't always great communicators despite their industry. You will often find that here on their forum they'll get involved more than they would if they were being pursued out of the public eye.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

i dont' see any bullying that has taken place.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Sounds to me like they giving him some grief because of unpaid bills Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

i wouldn't call restricting services due to unpaid bills bullying.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not taking sides here but a line needs to be drawn somewhere. It is unfortunate that the OP maybe in hospital, but how many times has a company heard that ‘excuse’ along with the 'cheque's in the post' when someone is late with their payment.

Plusnet or indeed the majority of companies wouldn’t ask you to prove it, why should they. The fact is an account is overdue, and needs paying. So as the OP has access to the internet (to make this post) and a phone what is stopping them making a payment over the phone!

What else is there to say.

chenks76
All Star

indeed, if you're well enough to use the phone and well enough to post on an internet forum then you're well enough to pay the damn money that you owe them.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

While I agree with your posts , when you in hospital recovering, your internet bill becomes a minor worry .
Yes it needs to be paid but you don't need to be hassled for it .
chenks76
All Star

does an email stating that services are being restricted due to non payment count as "hassle"?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

If as the OP states 2 month in Hospital , it will be more than 1 !!!

chenks76
All Star

but the OP was able to use the internet AND make a phone call.
thus surely they could have paid the oustanding bill.

however, it's still not bullying or hassling.
the bill remains unpaid, thus services suspended.

what does the OP actually want here?
simply for the reminder that an unpaid bill remains to stop being sent? or for the services to be re-enabled whilst the bill remains unpaid?
either seem to be unreasonable regardless of personal circumstances.

maybe i should stop paying my bills and use the excuse that i don't need the hassle at the moment due to personal circumstances.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

@rongtw wrote:
While I agree with your posts , when you in hospital recovering, your internet bill becomes a minor worry .
Yes it needs to be paid but you don't need to be hassled for it .

indeed,

when I was in hospital suddenly for a few weeks I didn't even pay the rent, fortunately my other half was able to contact the landlord because my mobile bill was also unpaid and thus cut off... it was only after that I took out direct debit payment options so such problems wouldn't crop up again in the future.... but you live and learn,  most people still like manual bills and then get upset when [-Censored-] happens and they feel screwed over .....

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

There seems to be a terrible lack of compassion on this thread..............

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not a lack of compassion @Champnet, it's the reality of life. 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'm sorry to hear of the OP's news and can understand given the circumstances it is was the last thing on your mind.

Though to be fair to PlusNet, and any company - they may take action if something is not paid. They do not know why and what happened (until you posted), you are just a customer and they don't know what has happened to you personally.

I am sure if you let them know, they will give you a bit of a leeway. They might even pick up this thread.