cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building boats for the US Navy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Building boats for the US Navy

Interesting to note that the UK is building two large aircraft carriers which we'll hand over to the US Navy as a platform for their jets. Very careless that we lost the Harriers without having replacements ready.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Building boats for the US Navy

Camoron is a prat though isn't he.
He's clearly a man who does not believe in technology, research and development or anything that involves dirty oily, loud or expensive machines. He's scrapped our only remaining aircraft carrier and its harriers and left us with nothing while building another carrier that has nothing but childrens toys from the local docks to fly from it.
What he should have done was to keep all of our harriers in storage. At least then we would have something to fly from it even if they didn't like them for their age, noise, dirtiness etc.
I can't fault building carriers for the americans.. at least for once we're building and selling something and making some money out of it but what we've done with our own carrier fleet is pathetic.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

I don't usually get involved in 'political' threads, but on this one I have to say I agree 100% with 7up.
John
PembsPanther
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
Camoron is a prat

I could not agree more  Smiley
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
Camoron is a prat though isn't he.

Well that's a given of course, however, proud of the Harriers that I am, I'm not too sure that time (and R&D) hasn't overtaken them and they're not quite as effective agianst the potential opposition as they were
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Yes, but we could have kept the Harriers available until the new planes were operational.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

We could buy the harriers from the US marines  Wink  which they still use and build over there as The AV8B
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .